A few for the JD combine fans

Gav836

My work mate took these last harvest of a JD we had out on demo, i was driving our Lexion at the time and would not give this the time of day, we ran out of coal for the engine in the end, we swear it was coal fired :o :o ::):D :D :D;)

Thats not bad then is it considering how many Combines they sell in a year

Compare that to the amount that claas sell and the amount of problems i've heard which is near to none ours was only one with an issue in our area but have to expect that from a pre-production machine ;)

cant imagine a dealer turning up with a machine that smoked so much

i used to think Deere engines were good till i had a 1075 put a piston through the side of the casing. i know someone who has a Chafer Rogator with a JD engine after 2500hrs the engine fell to bits from the inside completly knackered it our Mog has done 12500hrs engine never been touched still going strong

i wouldnt give a thought to anything with a JD engine and as for the combines its like my old boss said about the Zseries they put more thought into the fridge under the seat than the threshing system

a mate of mine did the harvest in america last year, and i looked at his pics the other day. He was working with a team of these combines, and they ALL smoked like this. I thought it was strange, he said the boss never seemed to make mention of it, its just what they did... Still ran ok but smoked like chimneys.

The other shocking bit for us was the fuel economy, that day i started cutting at 10am with our Lexion 460 and finished at 12am the following morning, in this time it used 430 litres of diesel. This JD on the other hand started at 3pm and went through to 12am and used 450 litres of diesel, when i talked to the rep about this he said it would have used over 700 litres if it had worked for the same time as ours had that day :o :o