what glue to use ??

Pete132

Question

I am using a model glue (forget the name at the mo) (little blue bottle, long nib with a yellow cap found in most art and hobby shops - you know the one  :) ) ....... anyway its grand for gluing my plastic together but if i want to stick it to metal its crap, it will hold the piece but if you dare touch the flippin thing it will break off  >:( >:(>:( >:(

so what do you guys use for all your different needs ??

24 answers to this question

I am using a model glue (forget the name at the mo) (little blue bottle, long nib with a yellow cap found in most art and hobby shops - you know the one  :) ) ....... anyway its grand for gluing my plastic together but if i want to stick it to metal its crap, it will hold the piece but if you dare touch the flippin thing it will break off   >:( >:(>:( >:(

so what do you guys use for all your different needs ??

It can be very difficult to glue metel together or glue anything else to metal. I usually try to avoid doing it, but if you cant avoid it, try to rienforse the joint somehow, maybe embed a screw or a piece of wire in the joint to get a good grip on the glue

ZAP-A-GAP for most things. Comes in three forms, liquid; which requires accelerator. Normal; which I use and is slighty visous for uneven joints and the last one is a Gel type viscosity.

Green is the normal one.

Pink is the thin one

Yellow is the thick one.

I think thats right.

I use Plastic weld for plastruct and styrene sheet and Javis cryanolate for anything like plastic-metal joints, it comes in 3 types, thin, medium and thick but be warned this is not your common super glue, it will bond things in seconds and isn't fussy about what it is ::) ::):D :D ;)

will have a look for that gav, where the best place to find it, as i aint seen it at b&queere before

Again its in my local model shop, all comes from the same wholesaler they get their Plastruct and bits from. Its the best superglue I've ever come across