MASSEY 35X

SIMON.

Got a UH massey 35x for christmas yesterday just thought i'd let you know what a cheap and nasty model it is ; steering only works one way tool box on the real model is not mounted on the steering linkage arm and its so light i got to hold it down with a paper weight i unwapped it yesterday and didn't think it was inside the box also they was a bit of paint hanging from one of the front lights i was going to buy the fordson and the te20 but i don't think i will bother .Those of you that compare them to ertl precision think you need to look again .

Got a UH massey 35x for christmas yesterday just thought i'd let you know what a cheap and nasty model it is ; steering only works one way tool box on the real model is not mounted on the steering linkage arm and its so light i got to hold it down with a paper weight i unwapped it yesterday and didn't think it was inside the box also they was a bit of paint hanging from one of the front lights i was going to buy the fordson and the te20 but i don't think i will bother .Those of you that compare them to ertl precision think you need to look again .

i bought the fordson for my dad and the te 20 for my granddad and i think they are great models as did they and i would recomend buying them  :)

I'm only saying what i see found something else wrong with it today as well the right hand light has not been painted fully and you can still see some white undercoat/laquer tried to take some pictures but haven't come out very well .I'm not a moaner but i have brought around twenty + ertl precision and can't fault one of them on anything.Now the detail on the ford 5000 that's  unbeliveable one cost ?105 one cost ?42

post-563-132638552728_thumb.jpg

post-563-132638552731_thumb.jpg

I think you have hit the nail on the head Simon... you get what you pay for I guess... UH are cheap models.. with great detail... But they are not that well put together.... or made of the "finest" materials either...

Is it not you expecations that are too high with your extensive collection of Ertl precision models  ???

I have this model and I think for the money you'll not beat it. Incidently the real MF 35's left the factory with the toolboxes mounted on the radius arm ,as on the model.

This is true I have to say.... the 35x from UH was modelled around a real model in Massey Ferguson's museum at Banner Lane... If you REALLY wanted to pick fault with this model the rear wheels are not what were used in the UK... it appears the real tractor they measured was an "export model" with all the "toys" on it... if you look even closer still you will see the sticker on the dash is not in ENglish either  :-\

I'm too much of a tight git to pay full price though! ;D

:D :D :D Tight sod  :D :D :D

Not that i like 1/16 but if i collected it UH would be at the top of my list for

1.Very good detail allmost unbeliveable

2.Exellent value for money

I agree, I know they are in a different league to ertl presicions, however for the price these models are excellent value for money, so I don't think that you can really compare the two manufacturers. I bought for my Dad's birthday and was amazed by the detail on it, however these are display like the ertls rather than play, so does it really what they are made of, if it still looks realistic? Plus you paying a fraction of the cost of that of an ertl presicion.  :)

Now i haven't said i dislike the model far from it just the finishing is not to a very high standard when there so close why not make it a ?50 model and have it top class. Like ricky says the weight doesn't matter think it was just a shock a frist but if the detail there it doesn't matter really all i think is if they added say ten pound to the final total it would be a fantansic model .Also marky maybe right me comparing them to the precisions but if you brought a new car you'd compare it to your old one .