Models of McCormick International 276 and 434

mcconnell12

Tekno Of Denmark did the 414 & 434 in 1/32, Britains 5005 (etc) type steering & similar design rear linkage. !980's production I think, although I have them I don't remember ever trying britains implements on the linkage.Some came with a roll frame & front mounted brush,-similar pattern to the earliest type britains front buckrake.Bonnet tips forward.Crilley & Burkholder book shows them- "INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORY OF MODEL FARM TRACTORS" 1980'S BUT STILL AVAILABLE FROM CLASSIC TRACTORS (STEVE MOATE) & no I'm not on commission!

Britains 5005 should read 5000 of course, I've got dust in my eyes having been filming the LEXION 580's, Quadtrac 450 & new 8520 JD with sattellite steering on the Vaderstad 6m drill, so didn't see the mistake, & Oh the 414 & 434 are on my list to do with improved detail in the SCALEdown range, maybe next year.Hopefully I can get some of the film onto here eventually.

Be interesting to see, it could always be uploaded to one of those ad supported Download things, so as not to take up  the sites bandwidth, think its got enough problems already :)

What other projects have SCALEdown got coming out? If I remember there was something about a county and logging trailer posted on here (think it was you as a guest?)

The Counties are still available:Four-Drive;ditto with smaller wheels & Bray dozer blade. SUPER 4 (Super Major & New Performance versions; SUPER 6 on 3 sizes of wheel/tyre. Taskers log trailer also. View @ www.farmmodels.co.uk click on SCALEdown. You can buy dierct from me,credit/debit cards accepted.Thanks for your interest.

You don't think a 414 would look outstanding without a cab? The trouble is with cabs of this era, people had different ones, so it would be uneconomic to offer a choice. However with the Leyland 384 due out in Oct, I will do the Leyland cab on later (270-onwards) as these were std. safety cab fitments.

the tractors look cool what ever to me i just like cabs on them we had a lot in my area in my youth lots of them had the same safety cab that doncaster fitted on them i think  you saw them on 434 634, 414  614 a compleate solid cab  and most of the time it only had a lefthand door

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...