Ford 7840......Before and After......

NewHolland2

While out and about with my mates at lunch time today we came across an old friend of mine......An L Reg Ford 7840 which my local New Holland Dealer Agricar have had in stock since last February......Before they decided to do any work to it this is what it looked like (pic from their site)......More pictures can be found of it on my website...... :) :) ;)

post-32-132638560451_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell ya what mart she does look tidy mate, go in there and offer them 5000 and see what they say mate, no harm in trying eh, they may want rid of her bigtime ?? keep the stock moving and books good before aprils cash up on the year, bet they never paid 5000 for her when they took it in part ex

tell ya what mart she does look tidy mate, go in there and offer them 5000 and see what they say mate, no harm in trying eh, they may want rid of her bigtime ?? keep the stock moving and books good before aprils cash up on the year, bet they never paid 5000 for her when they took it in part ex

Certainly might be an idea Sean......I suppose the worst that can happen is a "No"...... :) :) ;)

Out of interest does anyone else have any views on the gearboxes of these models?

My guess is that they payed too much for it in a part exchange, just to get a deal so will have to charge slightly more than what they paid for it, but probably by now, they'd be pleased to see the back of her.  :-\

Go for it Mart.... look him straight in the eye and TELL him you will be giving him ?5k for her... and you expect to pick her up on Saturday am...  >:(

Be stearn mate... but polite as well  ;)

"i say i didnt get anywhere in bussiness with out being fair" ,aint that right marky :D :D :D :D :D :D

What gearbox is in her, mart

She's a Powerstar SLE model Paul...... :) :) ;)

Go for it Mart.... look him straight in the eye and TELL him you will be giving him ?5k for her... and you expect to pick her up on Saturday am...  >:(

Be stearn mate... but polite as well  ;)

Sounds like a good tactic Marky......I shall give it a try soon......If it proves to be an ok tractor......Certainly looks it and they've clocked up a few hours on it as a yard tractor so must be in pretty good condition...... :) :) ;)

The older SLE gearboxes aren't to good to be honest Mart.  :-\

The old man had a Ford 8240 SLE and the week he got rid of it it ate the gearbox. I'm pretty sure it was written off because of the cost of the new box.

I'd definatly be very causious of any dodgy noises.

Those SLE gearboxes are dodgy enough especially when they get up to 6000hrs - neighbours have an 8340 and all the top of the gearbox (selectors etc) had to be renewed cost over ?1000 plus at least one day of a skilled mechanics time  :(

Not sure on the older ford models, but contraactor near me, has a nh one and not a bit o bother with the gearbox. 10000 hours, She was turbo d and goes like a train, pulls great, and quicker than the 8360's!!!

Cheers Paul...... :)

Did the New Holland versions of the 40 Series have the SLE gear box too?  ???;)