At work with Gav

Gav836

Yeah 50k with front and cab suspension along with air brakes......needed them a few times today, cars overtaking in the face of oncoming traffic, had two near misses, one with being overtaken on a junction just as a car pulled out and another of shear stupidity causing me to literally stand on the brakes to allow a car back in that had overtaken me when cars were coming the other way and near a notorious accident blackspot

I did enquire today about the length of time they need me for and it looks to be on and off for several weeks until they finish planting so that sorts things out work wise for a little while

A few from today, the MXM suffered from a failure of the PTO speed sensor yesterday meaning it was out of action for rotor ridging.....too bad as it meant I had the CVX195 instead ;D

Image116.jpg

MTX and Standen planter

Image108.jpg

Image109.jpg

Image110.jpg

I think that is a numpty for Gav - looks like it says 195 on the bonnet  :D :D

No comparison really between the CVX and MXM  ??? - although some prefer the MXM cab as its a bit less claustrophobic ;)

that what i was going to say

nice pics gav are the older standen planter green and new blue

MXM doesn't get stuck as easily as the CVX, minute the CVX hits wet stuff in the beds you can call for a chain, especially when you drop through quick sand into the water table ::)

Standen's change of livery came about after they became Standen Pearson to make them stand out more ;)

Making the most of the weather Mart :)

That certainly is an NM grader, will check the model number tomorrow for you. The other one they have is a Downs one

Cheers Gav........Interesting to see another Miedema Grader as the only other one I'd seen around was used by the big carrot growing lads around here........ :) :)

Never heard of a Downs one mate, similar construction I'm guessing?

Strawsons also grow Carrots and Parsnips so it could well be that its used for them and not the spuds ;):)

Totally different construction as it has the hopper and half the line on one section and a second section with the other half on

Especially for Mart, here's a few of the old 7710 on a Stewart trailer full of seed, it also powers the hydraulic elevator at the back of the trailer which fills the planters, much quicker than using boxes or bags of seed, she just sits there on tick over all day waiting to be usefull

Image117.jpg

Image119.jpg

Image121.jpg

Image122.jpg

Image118.jpg

Image120.jpg

Only thing I'm not keeping up with is sleep Tris :D :D It is busy, shame it was so manic Monday as 9 of the 10 tractors were all in one field, was quite a sight, no time to take pictures though due to 2 de-stoners pushing me

In the field were:

7710 and trailer/s

CVX with front cultivator and rear bed-former

MXM and rotor-ridger

MTX 150 DE and de-stoner

JD 6810 and de-stoner

Ares 816 and de-stoner

Ares ATZ and de-stoner

JD 6820 and planter

MTX and planter