At work with Gav

Gav836

You may have noticed that they all were against the railings, think it might have something to do with me parking this the 10 feet away from them (pic 1) fairly large cattle shed height wise :)

post-334-132638586718_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638586722_thumb.jpg

Last one for now- this is the joystick that controls the Quicke QD75 loader on the McCormick, fitted to the right hand armrest and is less than 3 inches tall, controls the lift, tilt and, by holding in the button on the side the grab/release on the attachment :) Bit different from yours I believe Colm ::):D :D ;)

post-334-132638586726_thumb.jpg

CHeers Gav, Ben will like that shed too he was looking for something like that. Do the feed barriers go all the way around the shed or just on those 2 sides?

No problems, thought you might like them. The railings are just on those two sides, it is hard against a hedge at the back and a shed on the other side ;)

Last one for now- this is the joystick that controls the Quicke QD75 loader on the McCormick, fitted to the right hand armrest and is less than 3 inches tall, controls the lift, tilt and, by holding in the button on the side the grab/release on the attachment :) Bit different from yours I believe Colm ::):D :D ;)

Indeed - but how long will they last  ;D ;D

Great photo's Gav, some very nice looking steaks in those photo's. I expect you have told me but what is the head count on the farm mate, a big concern or just a bit of work to keep busy in the winter?

No idea what he has on there, we only do the arable land for him along with the baling and grassland work, the cattle are still in house. it's an all year round concern though :)

trouble is your old 3000 won't lift 3 Welger d4006 bales in one hit, its bad enough with the McCormick, need to have 4wd in or its a bit slow manouvring ::) ::):D :D

2 on the back and one on the front - then she should lift them  ;D ;D

After yesterdays little problem I finally got to the other farm today with the flail topper to do the game cover plots. Could be yet another livery change for the Siku Kuhn topper here ::)

mt2.jpg

mt1.jpg

The plots then needed sub soiling, originally we were going to use the TM175 but we decided the McCormick needed some hard work as it's never had any yet so it would do it good. Put a 3 leg Taylor Gent flat lift on it with a cousins crumbler, sunk it in a good 15 inches deep, the Mc pulled it at 3mph grudgingly in the heavy clay soil but think it's done it some good as it was as gutless as hell :-\

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

Have now been disced, no pics this time but will get some when i do them a second time ;)

Boss was spraying the wheat in the field i was working on with the 7840 and 24m Rau D3 mounted sprayer so managed to get a couple of pics :)

fs1.jpg

fs5.jpg

The damage to the topper from yesterday, just a little scratched paint work ::)

pd1.jpg

Lovely photo that first one of the sprayer Gav, really caught that right.  ;) Still all going good for you then chap?

Thanks Tris, certainly all seems to be going well at the moment, I'm much happier now than I was before with the other lot :)

Thanks Tris, certainly all seems to be going well at the moment, I'm much happier now than I was before with the other lot :)

Have you got any photos of the McCormick with the loader on Gav? As that's just what we're looking to change our Maxxum for, if I can get my Dad to put some more money into the farm, just it can't support much new machinary anymore. :'(

Have you got any photos of the McCormick with the loader on Gav? As that's just what we're looking to change our Maxxum for, if I can get my Dad to put some more money into the farm, just it can't support much new machinary anymore. :'(

I'll try to get you a picture next time we have it fitted, don't have it on much at the moment as we have the Loadall about all the time. Do yourself a favour though get an MTX, not an MC as the tractors fairly gutless when it comes to road work, depends what you want to use it for ;):)

I'll try to get you a picture next time we have it fitted, don't have it on much at the moment as we have the Loadall about all the time. Do yourself a favour though get an MTX, not an MC as the tractors fairly gutless when it comes to road work, depends what you want to use it for ;):)

Just as an all round livestock tractor, for mainly topping and baling. But the idea is that if we have a 6 cylinder loader tractor, we won't need a 4 cylinder loader tractor aswell as a main tractor, so swapping two for one, if that makes sense. ;)

Just as an all round livestock tractor, for mainly topping and baling. But the idea is that if we have a 6 cylinder loader tractor, we won't need a 4 cylinder loader tractor aswell as a main tractor, so swapping two for one, if that makes sense. ;)

Makes sense like that, I would say consider a TS-A 135 or the equivelent T6*** model as the TS-A we have is much better than the McCormick, in comfort, visability, pulling grunt and build quality. After a day topping in the McCormick your ears would be ringing as its a noisy little thing. As a plus for loader work the NH also has a sunroof in it :);)

Makes sense like that, I would say consider a TS-A 135 or the equivelent T6*** model as the TS-A we have is much better than the McCormick, in comfort, visability, pulling grunt and build quality. After a day topping in the McCormick your ears would be ringing as its a noisy little thing. As a plus for loader work the NH also has a sunroof in it :);)

Oh god no! My Dad hates all Blue tractors and I'm not too fond on them either as they all seem to die after 4000 hours . The farm in the 50's and 60's had High Majors and Majors but they were the last and they went onto Massey's in the 70's onwards starting with two 35's a sequence of 135's, a 165 then a few others which they havn't got any photos of, then two 590's and I think a 390 with a loader was the last, which my Grandpa parked up next the fire and burnt the tractor out! ::) Since have gone onto Cases and Internationals, so would have to be along those lines with a Mc being quite closely related to Case's and International's. ;)