At work with Gav

Gav836

Will you need to put slug bait out on the beet paddocks once the beets are coming up Gav?

Probably not on those ones although the two my boss just drilled on a contract farm may do as its heavy slug filled clay soil :-\

Looking good Gav......Wee change having the McCormick eh...... :)

Never seen flat grass rolls like that fold up before......Interesting mate...... :) :) ;)

Its a change alright and not one for the better :-\

They are much better like that, it belongs to our neighbour and do a lot of road miles so its nice and easy to get about :);)

we got one like that roller but it isnt that heavy so only use it in the wets spots around the farm and we use the kidd big roller for the dry spots  :) that what happened to me today had a perfect straight line and one line i lost the edge of the last one and i couldnt get it straight again after that  :'( ::):D

This roller was made locally and I was told it weighs in at 6-7 tonnes, it's filled up with water....officially, unofficially waste oil by the looks of what leaks out occassionally ::):D :D ;)

Looks good enough to me - sure its only grass - never know after a few hour's rain :D :D

First thing my boss said this morning was shame it's not raining ::) The ley's I'm rolling are getting to the hard as concrete stage now, everything needs a drink so it can take the nitrogen up that we put on last week and over the holiday weekend

First thing my boss said this morning was shame it's not raining ::) The ley's I'm rolling are getting to the hard as concrete stage now, everything needs a drink so it can take the nitrogen up that we put on last week and over the holiday weekend

I was thinking the same - its been over 4 weeks now since we had any sizeable amount of rain - and according to the national farming press everything bar maize and some beet and spring rape is in the ground at this stage  :)

I was thinking the same - its been over 4 weeks now since we had any sizeable amount of rain - and according to the national farming press everything bar maize and some beet and spring rape is in the ground at this stage  :)

The beet I drilled earlier this month is now through here so it needs a drink, the spring rape went in this week so it just leaves the hemp to get in next month now after we have taken first cut off the grass :)

Here's a few more pics of the McCormick and the rolls taken today :);)

post-334-132638586685_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638586688_thumb.jpg