At work with Gav

Gav836

Nice photo's, good to see the cows out. Nice photo that.

I bet your glad of them new boots on the V-Form. Tools like that  make me laugh, they never look much when they are in the ground, just a bit of box. The you see the legs on them and realise why the tractor revs up everytime you lift it out of the ground!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Its a Berthoud Elyte Colm, on its last season with us.

Few pictures nome from the last few days, our neighbour ploughing with his Claas Ares and a new Rabe plough and press

DSCN0646.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

Been pulling down the beet land today with my 6920s and a 5m Germinator, got about 6o more acres to do yet, the 6810 wouldn't pull it without over heating

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

Got a contractor here putting the suspension fertiliser on the spud fields as well, rumour has it that at some point the Fastrac will be replaced by a JD self propelled sprayer, not spoken to the driver yet though. They were also putting turkey muck on today but didn't manage to get any pictures of that as they were at the other end of the farm to me

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

That is one thing that I or anyone who works on that farm will not say about it, it was definately a Friday afternoon tractor unfortunately, its always a case of when and not if it will break down again ::) ::)

That Germinator seems to leave a nice seedbed - are you staright in with the Vaddy then or do you give it another pass?

Sprayer looks well I presume it is one of those Scottish conversions - is it based on a new shape 2170 ???

That Germinator seems to leave a nice seedbed - are you staright in with the Vaddy then or do you give it another pass?

Sprayer looks well I presume it is one of those Scottish conversions - is it based on a new shape 2170 ???

Never seen beet drilled with a Vaddy before Colm........ ::):D :D

Usually just one pass though unless its very cloddy in which case it gets two passes before we go in with the beet drill.

No idea on the Fastrac, didn't have time to have a good look at it really

Been sub-soiling for spuds today and last night, the first 14 acres has now been done twice apart from the headlands and I have now started to ridge it up ready for destoning and planting tomorrow, will try to get some pics of that going on, we've decided to have an early day though as we're working all weekend

Just a couple of pics of the ridging, front and back view, no gps in use and no line to follow or hedge to start against when I put the first one through :)

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

Some pictures from today of bed-forming, de-stoning and planting. I'm having to go through the beds 2-3 times with the ridger so the tines on the front break the clods up enough for the de-stoner to leave us enough soil to plant in

6920s and ridger

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg