At work with Gav

Gav836

Great pictures Gav, so what else you got? Wheat, rape Beans?

Cheers Adam, we still have OSR, Spring Barley, Winter and Spring Wheat left to go yet ;)

do you have to weave that much with straw then or just go straight ???:)

Depends on the swath, with a good full swath behind our combine I don't have to weave too much but with a narrow or rounded swath I do or I get barrel shaped bales

Look what arrived yesterday ;D

Will be putting it to work shortly on the drill I think, just needs its cb fitted and some cab brackets made up

057-1.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

Its an 850 acre farm Bluefan growing beet, wheat, barley and potato's along with rough grazing and a 100 cow suckler herd with followers ;)

didnt think they looked that clean when you showed us the first pictures, certainly looks well cared for inside, hopefully a good sound buy for you ,maybe its time to loose the 6920 for a new toy now eh ;):D :D

They were resprayed on the first pictures that I put up on here ;) Will keep on my 6920 for most things, this is going to be the drilling tractor or my back up ;)

you gonna get this one gav? and just out of interest , i may have missed if you said already,any idea of value?

Those pictures were taken in our barn, she's bought and paid for, was just under £19k but worth it for the condition she's in

As I said above its been bought as a back up for me if when my 6920s goes wrong which is an autopower so wouldn't want the 6910 all the time after driving that especially if we're potato harvesting at the time. The other main reason behind it was we were hiring a tractor twice a year and for what its costing us it will pay for the 6910 within 4 years, we were looking for a 6810 to start with but then thought if we got a 6910 it would at least handle most of what I do with mine if needed as well, its main task beside trailer work will be drilling ;)

Thats what we thought after 4 weeks hire this spring and 5 or 6 last autumn, think the final straw was when we could have done with another one the other week when my 6920s was on the baler, the 6420s was on the sprayer and the 6810 was irrigating and we had some trailer work to do. Often times like that where we have to think what is the easiest thing to take off a tractor, this should cure that problem.

very tidy tractor there gav. we used to have the same problem with hiring in a tractor although we had two the second wasn't up to all the jobs when the 6820 was on contracting at tatties which overlapped with the harvest. so the old 64 last year was replaced with a 6830 makes a big difference when you have two machines with nearly the same horse power.

hope the 6910 gives you many hours of  good service

That sky heading towards you across you field of golden barley on page 90 could be anywhere in Colorado mate. I've a photo just like that minus the straw from Colorado. Have you told us what that huge panel dent is in the back of the combine?  :-\

aaawwww tractors & combines & even a new toy & seemed to be missing them all , sorry i'm late gav , but you know how it is  :-[

apart from your 6920 you lot seem to run the kit for a fair age , i mean the combines on an L plate if i'm not mistaken , it's good to see it's looked after , most would be replaced by now !

have to say i have never used autopower so have no idea how it compares to the auto4/ pwrquad/4shift/ autoquad4/ shift4quadpowermovestopgoback that i'm used to , but i have to say the 6910 looks better than the newer 20series as the grill reminds me of bender the robot from futuarama  :-\

is the 6910 fitted with TLS gav ?

The main tractors are updated regularly but the other kit is only updated when its either worn out or repairs are to high on it, believe one of the two main tractors are up for change next year.

No TLS on the 6910, we struggled to find one, well a good one with creep gear, front linkage and PTO and TLS so something had to be lost, the 6810 doesn't have it either so its not a big problem for us

The main tractors are updated regularly but the other kit is only updated when its either worn out or repairs are to high on it, believe one of the two main tractors are up for change next year.

No TLS on the 6910, we struggled to find one, well a good one with creep gear, front linkage and PTO and TLS so something had to be lost, the 6810 doesn't have it either so its not a big problem for us

yeah no big problem ..........................................

is that because some other poor bu66er usually drives it  :D :D

Do you have any troubles with autopower on hills with you gav if you have any of course? As I'm currently tempted to throw a match at it as has no engine braking so as you can imagine it's a pain as putting all faith on brakes and then loading on hills as vario cuts out and having air brakes there either on or off  :D