MF 6190 CONVERSION

The good old Massey 6180. One of the few Massey tractors which actually catch my eye  :D. We had one here earlier in the year on irrigation. I put some pics up at the time. They are good looking tractors, don't know what they are like to drive, Nathan could you enlighten me please  ???;).

That Massey 6190 looks great Dave. Well done.

Cheers

NewHolland2

The good old Massey 6180. One of the few Massey tractors which actually catch my eye? :D. We had one here earlier in the year on irrigation. I put some pics up at the time. They are good looking tractors, don't know what they are like to drive, Nathan could you enlighten me please? ???;).

? ? ? That Massey 6190 looks great Dave. Well done.

Cheers

NewHolland2

What do you need/want to know NH2, I could ramble on about them all night if you want ;D ;D

Well as for driving them there very nice and smooth to most peoples amazement. Have 6 cyl, Perkins giving you 120HP, although I think mine has been tweaked a little. Sounds very good has a nice roar to it. You have your 2 gear sticks to the right, range 1 to 4 and shuttle next to it. The dynashift is a very good and that's located on the left hand side of the dash under the steering wheel abit like an indicator lever. You can shift from A to D and really is usefull, probably the best tractor I have been in with that sort of setup, can be quite jumpy though if you shift up at the wrong time or pull it down thinking it's your indicator. 4WD automatically comes on everytime you start the engine which is a bit crap, as you have to press the brake pedals first before you can disengage it but after that you can just press the switch etc.

Hydraulics are very good most of the time. Mine has had a bigger pump fitted not sure on flow capacity but it can tip up a 20 ton trailer like a 6 tonner at just over tick over so thats very good and fast. Pump is quite noisy at first after you have started it but once it's warmed up it's sound. Rear linkage hydraulics are rather slow to move down when you have nothing on the back for some reason. Not sure why, going up there normal. Depth settings are also very good. Set how high/low you want your arms to go and then that's it, you just use a rocker switch to lift and lower from then so headland turns are super quick when tedding etc hardly have to stop. 3 spool levers so plenty of spools to handle the majority of tackle. Rear linkage can handle at least a 7 furrow kverneland mounted plough providing you have front weights with relative ease, just don't go too fast on the roads. Can pull 20 grain trailers quite well just takes a bit to get going, dynashift helps a hell of alot though. Brakes are very sharp too but heard they can get quite hot and sometimes break up :-\

Cab layout is nicely set out most things are at hand just the lever to let your hook drop is abit out of reach. PTO is a push and twist nob with 1000, 540 and 540E settings. Air con is very good and cold. Only downfall there is no lower vents all in the roof. Radio and speakers are also great especially when your listening to 50 cent :P. Visibility is quite good rear window is abit narrow with a bit too much framework for my liking but it's ok. There's a little mirror in the middle of the rear window so when it's open you have a perfect view of hooking onto trailers etc. Sunroof is also good. and it actually stays open when you go over speed bumps unlike most others brands. Nice dash display with digital speedo and PTO RPM readings. Steering wheel only moves in and out not up and down which is a bit crap I think. Excellent air seat too made by Kab I think, rides out the bumps. Also a nice little fold out passanger seat to the left. Quite a few places to store little bits too, under the passanger seat and in 2 moulded dish's either side of the seat which also has bottle/can holder and in the roof is also a little fridge which runs of the air con where you can store a can or your snap. ?

Datatronic I think it's called is also very useful, once you have worked it all out. Gives you readings on miles per gallon, acres an hour, forward speed, next service etc. All digital and backlit so you can see it in the dark. Have it at the moment so 4wd and diff lock comes on at 30% wheel slip so that may come in handy. Also tells me it's costing me ?18.90 an hour straw carting :-\

Plenty of lights on it too 4 front spots, and 2 rear spots aswell as headlights etc. Nice and bright too so can carry on in to the night. Was mowing 2nd cut the other week till gone 12 at night and could still see perfectly so that's good. Headlights do point up a little too much which is a bit crap.

All in all a very nice tractor to drive, once you have worked it all out. I wouldn't recommend it to start out on or if you had no experience before as it can be rather tricky and confusing to drive.

Any questions fire away

Nath

Surprisingly not FP, well I have never seen any in there. The lid is quite a good fit which helps and when you stick a lynch pin through it's about air tight :D :D. Just get's covered in mud and **** where it is, must put me mud guards back on :D :D

I want one, I want one looks well smart ;D. Any chance you can do a 6180 Dave as I have one in 1/1 scale. Only needs a decal change. At last a proper sized MF 6100 series.

You've made my day :D :D

hi nathan

did you want a air filter adding , and is this in the middle or to one side , the 6190 has no air filter on the pics i looked at so i did not add it

dave

Yes if you can Dave that would be superb.

The air cleaner sits to the right of the bonnet when your sat in the seat and is about 1ft or so from the end of the bonnet. These? pics might help you little. I've also sent you an e-mail too about it ;D ;D

Stick some bigger tyres on the 6180 and it will look the buisness  :) Double flashing lights are always good too  :) But from what you said about it, it seems a very nice tractor, Dynashift sounds complicated though. About the headlights pointing up, there should be a star headed screw, which you stick a screwdriver in twist it and the headlights move up and down inside. I might be wrong though NC but worth a look.

I know the tyres are crap aren't they. The front ones are nearly like racing slicks so it won't be long before I put some on them. I did have Dual flashing lights aswell but both have been decapitated by trees so need get some new ones another trip to Old 20 parts :-\

Dynashift is easy to use once you get the hang of it just takes some getting used too, it's abit like the Fords hare and tortoise just better ;):D

I shall have a look at the headlights and the screw can't be a big job to fix can it :)

Cheers

Not that much NH2, haven't really got to much to put on it ::):D I did use it to buck rake earlier this year though which was pretty good, no neck ache. Also done a bit of post knocking with it but proved a bit to bouncy for my liking so chucked it on the back instead :D :D

No. don't grow tatties but we feed a hell of alot to the dairy cows, stores, sucklers etc. Arable farm about 10 mins from us grows about 300-400 acres of them, so we get all the tatties that don't make the grade as they bag and sell most of them. We get through about 15-20 ton a week say. The cows go crazy for them especially the dairy's, they practically run to the feed barriers when the wagon comes down. It's also cheaper to feed than rolled barley, maize etc and to be honest they do seem to do aswell most of the time.

Finished rambling :D :D