Aluminium Pipe - Joining

FB

Question

Whats the best way of joining sections together???

When making the irrigator pipes i used superglue to attach the ends on to the pipe but i'm looking at trying to make some scaffolding that can also be taken down so want a slotting type system??

any ideas???

24 answers to this question

why not get some larger diameter pipe & cut & glue one end to make a collar ? not sure how you'd fit T peices though

yeah i know what you mean, i did it on the T pieces on the irrigator set...maybe superglue is the better way :-\ :-\...have to play around, trouble is i have to much of the smaller dia. pipe :D :D :D

try the super gule stuff called "zap a gap" sets fast but allows small gaps to be filled at same time, sticks anything so it says on the bottel, tris recomened it to me, most good model shops should have it

is that the stuff he sticks his fingers to things with?? :D

i'll use the superglue, may have to use larger dia. tubes though, just trying to use stuff up thats lying around really :-\

Not sure on the best glue Ben other than superglue but have you thought about inserting a small length of rod on the inside on one end rather than using a collar?  ;)

yeah see what you mean ;) ;), what about bracing....or am i going to far with detail again :D :D :D

Stack it up in the builders yard (by the side of a shed)  ;D

;) ;) ;)

cause of you i need to get some alu. colour spray, cause of John i have to find the tile spaces :D :D :D :D

will be easier though to be honest ;)

;) ;) ;)

cause of you i need to get some alu. colour spray, cause of John i have to find the tile spaces :D :D :D :D

will be easier though to be honest ;)

let me check first mate, may have a load left over from doing the kitchen and bathroom, wil check for you tonight,and if i have them bring some up, although they are cheap as anyway

let me check first mate, may have a load left over from doing the kitchen and bathroom, wil check for you tonight,and if i have them bring some up, although they are cheap as anyway

cheers, i think i gave most of mine back to Dad after i stole them from him in the first place :D :D