Tractor spotting on the other side of the pond

CCF

I decided to put a few of the pictures I took recently into one topic for anyone who is interested. Note that some of the pictures are not that great as I was in a hurry.

1) An Allis Chalmers C spotted at a Christmas tree farm when going to get the Christmas tree in late November.

2) A compact Vermeer utility tractor, also spotted at the Christmas tree farm.

:) :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) A crawler, also spotted at the tree farm. The crawler looked like an International, but I did not see any decals anywhere on it.

2) Farmall 140 on a display at the New England spring flower show.

1) Ford 1720 with loader spotted in Boston

2) An old Allis Chalmers crawler spotted in the brush at my uncle's farm, has to have been a good 10 years since I saw it run.

1) Another view of the crawler

Last ones for now, I will try to bring my camera with me so I can update this topic more often. I will try my best to answer any questions you may have.

:) :)

Nice pics Timmy B... I especially like the dozer... Why have they left her blade stuck up in the air mate  ???

Thanks mate...to be honest I am not sure why he left the arms stuck up in the air, it is very unlike him, or anyone I know for that matter to do so. My guess is that the dozer probably died while he was using it, and he forgot to lower the boom after he was done towing it. I will have ask him next time I see him.

Did you get my PM by the way mate?  ???

Thanks mate...to be honest I am not sure why he left the arms stuck up in the air, it is very unlike him, or anyone I know for that matter to do so. My guess is that the dozer probably died while he was using it, and he forgot to lower the boom after he was done towing it. I will have ask him next time I see him.

Did you get my PM by the way mate?  ???

:-[ - You know how the Osterich works Tim don't you  :-[:D :D

As for the crawler... my guess is... it keeps the rams closed... so they don't get rusty  ???

:-[ - You know how the Osterich works Tim don't you  :-[:D :D

As for the crawler... my guess is... it keeps the rams closed... so they don't get rusty  ???

Thought so  :D :D :D

Seems like a reasonable explanation mate, he is always looking to save money so he does not have to replace parts. Most of his equipment dates back to the 60s and 70s, so getting new parts can often be hard to find or expensive to purchase.

• 1 month later...

Here's two tractors that my uncle has purchased recently  :)

1) Farmall C WF

2) Farmall C NF

Very Nice Tim! What sort of money are they over there with you at the moment and do you have many M's around your way? :-*:-\ ???

Very Nice Tim! What sort of money are they over there with you at the moment and do you have many M's around your way? :-*:-\ ???

Hi Will

He payed $1300 for each machine- the equivalent of about ?655 for you lot. There are a few M's a bit west out in western Massachusetts that are used on some farms, they are not a common sight around here though. Thanks for the comments.

Hi Will

He payed $1300 for each machine- the equivalent of about ?655 for you lot. There are a few M's a bit west out in western Massachusetts that are used on some farms, they are not a common sight around here though. Thanks for the comments.

You certainly would not get those tractors for that price in Britain.

Cheers chaps, will try to keep this topic lit. Still a few local tractors that I can photograph the next time I am out on the town  :)

• 1 month later...

Spotted these three parked up on the way back from church this morning, just had to go back and get a few pictures.

1) International 354

2) Farmall M

1) Ford 8N. This was parked up earlier in the day, but was out hay raking when I returned. I have more pictures of this working, I will make a second topic later on in the day

2) A John Deere 655 hiding behind a tree on my bike route around town

Spotted these three parked up on the way back from church this morning, just had to go back and get a few pictures.

1) International 354

2) Farmall M

Boy I would love to have these in my real collection. Both look to be in such good nick.

You certainly would not get those tractors for that price in Britain.

Ya tractors over here are much cheaper Fanny would cost 75 quid plus a cup of cold tea and maybe two stale jaffy cakes.. :D :D :D

Ya tractors over here are much cheaper Fanny would cost 75 quid plus a cup of cold tea and maybe two stale jaffy cakes.. :D :D :D

>:( go on old man... you keep having a pop at me like this and I may well bite the head off one of your snakes in March and spit it at you  >:(

• 1 month later...

These two were spotted at the Rowley town common yesterday during the farmer's market. More photos of each tractor are available upon request.

1) McCormick WD-8

2) Allis Chalmers (did not find a model number on the machine, I am sure someone here will know what it is)