SPOT THE KIDD

batcher

They've just put 300 acres of myscanthus grass in around here, I don't know much about it. Does it grow very high??

The stuff near me was getting on for 3m+ tall when it finished growing last season Jason ;)

I was asking my mate about it, He was saying that it needs a 6-8 inch deep very fine seed bed liked to a onion bed, The seed needs special care kept cool even when drilling needs to be coverd up with a sheet, Possibly topped the first year(please correct if i heard wrong going deaf) Grows up to 20 feet but i think that depends on conditions loves wet ground also will grow at a rate of 1 inch per day during july aug, Grows for twenty years :o and i am sure he said a five years upwards will produce 40 ton not sure acres or hecters ?, As he does more  i will learn more, Also a power station up north has been using up to twenty thousand ton on a weekend ::) The big plus for farmers is it can be grown on permanent seta side ground  :)

I found the hole thing very intresting even the small part my mate plays in the cycle

But please correct me if you know more

steve

a bit down this way ,and i know old ford has loads round his ,we were talking about it with marcus on the way up to spalding,looked a good 3 m tall ,used for power stations appparently

did have mate all cut and gone, missed it go to. one day it was all there the next all gone.

They start bailing on thurs 12/04/07 with the class 2200 following a jd spf with kemper header,And drop the crop in rows for the bailer to pick up, And the crop has to be picked up the same way as cut  ;D

blimey, anyone know whats its cut down with then?

cheers mate, wonder why i cant see that post my end when i read this topic then???????

The modern wonders of technology  ;D The jd has worked her way down from the north, A 19 year old young lady is drivin it( note to self must go and see) Working near burford at the mo  ::)