A Sad Sight.

Guest KevinT

I go to an agricultural auction in York whenever I get chance on the lookout for Old beams, stone etc for our reclamation yard..... I normally take a wonder around the tractor paddock when I'm there if i have time between lots I'm after and it amazes me how much some of the kit goes for!  :o :o :o

A freind used to work in africa & the arab states as a mechanic,apparently there are acres of yard space at dealers who literally make good ones from 2-3 bad ones then the left-overs are either scrapped or broken for parts to be used again. Each yard can hold 2-300 tractors.In the arab states david browns were in high demand 1970s-80 & were just lined up along the side of the road miles & miles of them & when it was their turn for repair they just towed them back to the depot & refubished to the working standard that was needed.There are hundreds of them still therejust parked up waiting for their time to come to be dismantled for parts or repaired for work .

If i can get the photo`s from him i`ll post them , its quite a sight! :-\