Ploughing Match in East Devon - 1990's

PDH

I was going through a cupboard last night and came across an envelope of tractor photo's.  These were all taken at a weekend ploughing match at Ottery St Mary, East Devon one September weekend sometime in the 1990's.  Somebody will be able to give the exact year as the Massey 6150/4270 and NH 8160 were brand new demonstrators from local dealers.  My guess would be 1995.

Enjoy.....

post-216-132638591101_thumb.jpg

post-216-132638591107_thumb.jpg

I'd guess that P plate ones were the first 60 series models, the 40 series were still available on an R plate and as models overlaped in the ranges that must have been the change over period so would be 1996 onwards, Never seen one on an N plate, where's SPN or FNHIR when you need them :D :D

Was it all vintage ploughing or was there modern (world style) classes as well?

From what I remember the ploughing match was all a mixture of tractors but mainly vintage, with nothing less than 5/6 years old.  In a seperate field were the three modern tractors as pictured giving a demonstration of new tractors and ploughs.  Sorry can't recall anymore, at the time I have my 7 year old daughter with me who wanted to go home and nagged till we did.

It was the only time the event has been held at Ottery and I wish I could have stayed longer.  Also the camera was a film jobby so only took a few photos as cash was tight.  Today I'd take several hundred on the digital at the same sort of event.

I was just reading the 60 Series brochure last night (this was dated 02/97 but I have an American one dated in 1996) and also the article in CT about the release of the 40 Series and can confirm the only 40 Series model that was continued after the release of the 60 Series and TS Series was the 7840 which was replaced by the TS115 in late 1998......

However I do know of a New Holland 8260 running around on an N plate......It's pictured on here in the bean planting and harvesting topics......

:) :) :);)