More John Deere's Tattie Planting......

NewHolland2

Here's the videos now...... ;D:D;) ;)

You'll just have to ignore my comment of "Oh Yes" on the last one...... :D :D :D;)

Nice Vids Mart.....love the way the machine looks like its floating as the wheels turn but camera cant pick it up :D :D :D

nice pics mart, how many rows was that grimie puttin gin at a pass mate, looks a hellish big machine

Cheers Sean......She's a 6 row machine mate......Second six rwo I've snapped this year...... :) :) :);)

Mart im coming up yours for my holiday next year .... that is some serious kit, i love ity mate. Crackin photos as ever aswell. Have to say that 7530 looks in her prime with that planter, awesome pictures mate  ;) ;)

Cheers Nick......I've been surprised by the amount of new kit about this year too......Seems to have been an awful lot of new John Deere's too...... :) :) :);)

MARTIN whos aet up is that. think that is the same set up as geddes that was what the 7530 was bought for. nice tractor ronny has been busy converting one of his own trailers as well

I'm not sure on who's set up this is Peter......Will try and find out tomorrow since they'll still be about......Certainly is a nice set-up eh...... :) :) :);)

nice pics Mart!!! ;D ;D ;D

so the bedformer is used first, then a destoner then the rotaformer thing then planter.....all set for the same width :-\ :-\

That's it almost it Ben (just switch around the de-stoner and rota-tiller, that comes befor the de-stoner) except these lads didn't bother with the rota-tiller...... :) :) :);)

Nice Vids Mart.....love the way the machine looks like its floating as the wheels turn but camera cant pick it up :D :D :D

Cheers Ben......I'm branching out to videos too now...... :D :D :D;)

wasnt to sure about that bit, makes sense really! :). I was thinking along the Siku Grimme planter, it doesnt work with beds looking at it in action on the trino site :-\ :-\

wasnt to sure about that bit, makes sense really! :). I was thinking along the Siku Grimme planter, it doesnt work with beds looking at it in action on the trino site :-\ :-\

Most lads around here seem to be cutting back on the number of machines they use for tatties......I remember when I first photographed Niven's tattie kit he had one 4 row bed-former followed by two 2 row shapers with rota-tillers attached, followed by at least 2 de-stoners and then two Grimme 2 row planters......Now he's missed out the shaping and rota-tilling too...... :-\

All saving time and money I guess...... :) :) ;)

Yes the 4th one was good. Funny to see the tractor and machine going forward but the wheels appearing to go backwards!!!

Were did you shot these NH2 if you don't miind me asking ???

Yes the 4th one was good. Funny to see the tractor and machine going forward but the wheels appearing to go backwards!!!

Were did you shot these NH2 if you don't miind me asking ???

These were taken on the A90 heading South just before Powrie Brae on the way into Dundee...... :) :) :);)

lovely pictures as usual martin, looks like nice countryside around there too. when do they usually start harvesting them? around middle/ end of july?

Cheers Alan......No it's usually much later they start the harvest for tatties up here......Most of the time it's mid-late September into October for main crop tatties up here...... :) :) :);)

MARTIN whos aet up is that. think that is the same set up as geddes that was what the 7530 was bought for. nice tractor ronny has been busy converting one of his own trailers as well

Peter, after doing a bit of asking around I think it is Backboath farm's set-up...... :) :) :);)