Help acheiveing a colour

Deere-est

Question

24 answers to this question

Don't want it too bright mind, it's an old shed. They go a funny bluey colour which is what I am after. Just waiting for the black to dry for Britfarmers suggestion. May try grey blue mix with a little silver after.

Well Mr Trissle Table... you can buy a REAL galvernise paint called Galverfroid.... It's literally a paint on galvernise... not as good as plating the real thing... but very effective.. doesn't wear well from memory.. but I had some plant done at work a few years ago... and it was ok..

Looks just like plated stuff  ;)

Also try sprayed silver Hammerite - chilling it will make it go matt and dull.

thats a clever idea steve, have a silo i want to paint at some point, but she may not appreciate that in the fridge ,will wait till shes out at netball for a few hrs for that job :D

Well Mr Trissle Table... you can buy a REAL galvernise paint called Galverfroid.... It's literally a paint on galvernise... not as good as plating the real thing... but very effective.. doesn't wear well from memory.. but I had some plant done at work a few years ago... and it was ok..

Looks just like plated stuff  ;)

Cheers Markypen  :P:D, I'll have a look at that. Where would I buy it? DIY shop? Country store?

Iiiiiiiinteresting Marky  :) :)

Yeah Scott, just applied a coat of black to the real thing. Awaiting it to dry now then I can do the whole lot like it. Will try  some of the other ideas on other projects though for sure  :)

cant we see some progress pics??.

i used Aluminium silver spray by humbrol....looked ok but as your gong for an older look it may not work :-\ :-\

maybe just before bedtime mate. Got the laptop on top of the blackened card at the mo to keep it straight!!!  :D

No doubt the light in the room will reflect off the 'tin' but it looks good from where I'm sitting. Matt black, left to dry. Roughly brushed over with silver and rubbed down with a rag.

Hey presto, here's what I made earlier.  :)

post-227-132638596181_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638596188_thumb.jpg