1:32 tyre sizes

ihatepoundland

Question

I thought it would be good idea to have a thread listing which models has which real world tyre sizes. So if someone looked up for example "400/60 R38" they would see which models have tyres in that size.

It is going to take a long time to compile but it would be good if we add sizes as we go along. So if anyone has the chance to measure their 1/32 model's tyres (or already know the sizes the scale tyres relate to) and add it to this thread that would be great, if you can in this format;

[real life size (if known)] - [type - i.e tractor] - [scale size i.e 12 mm x 55mm] - [model/supplier found on]

If you don't know what the scale size relates to in real life that doesn't matter, just post the 1:32 info.

This post can then be updated by myself or the moderators which will allow discussion to happen below.

UPDATE

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6423mg - Calculator - very small download (22kb), see link at the bottom of the page, right click "save as" runs in excel.

It may look a bit complicated, it does give out more infomation than maybe you need, but you can enter as much or as little as you like. Its best just to pay around entering numbers into the boxes. You will need an understanding of how tyre sizes work, I'm not the person to explain that, try google.

It will convert real mm and inch sizes to 1/32mm and hopefully vice versa, but you will need to round to the nearest real size, look at it as a ballpark figure.

I think another thing to consider is tyre wall flex and loading, heights from the calculator are precise, in the real world they would be less.

If I have made a major error, please let me know.

If you do use it to scale a 1/32 tyre, I'd appreciate the data so that we can add it to this list.

540/65R30        - Tractor tyre - 16mm x 44.5 - Britains TN75Da rear tyre

480/70R32*      - Tractor tyre - 14.5mm x 46mm - Britains JCB Fastrac (3220 style) -

* measures as R32 scale wise, may be an inaccurate representation of R30

800to900/60-R32 - Combine tyre - 25mm x 62mm - Britains New Holland CX880

900/65R32          - Combine tyre - 28mm x 61mm - ???

540/65 R34        - Tractor tyre - 17mm x 50mm - NH T8040 front

480/70R38          - Tractor tyre - 15.4mm x 53mm - UH Valtra C series rear

710/70R38          - Tractor tyre - 22mm x 61mm - ???

710/85R38          - Tractor tyre - 22mm x 68mm - ???

800/70R38          - Combine tyre- 25mm x 65mm - ???

710/70R42          - Tractor tyre - 22mm x 63mm - NH T8040 rear

1/32 Rim diameters round to whole MM.

30 inch rim = 24mm

32 inch rim = 25mm

34 inch rim = 27mm

38 inch rim = 30mm

42 inch rim = 33mm

9 answers to this question

cheers marky, like I say it will be work in progess and there are quite a few posts on here already containing info that could be added, it'll just be good to get it all in one place, try and get the common sizes first as hopefully people out there will already know what relates to what in 1:32

This is a great idea.  I would even offer to help.  Ill put all the info into an excel spreadsheat that I can email everyone if they want.  But I guess first we need some info:)

I cant help there very much.  But I will measure the few tractors that I do have along with my NH CR970 combine.

Thanks, any help is appreciated, we need all the data we can get :)

What I can do at the moment is convert real sizes into 1/32 sizes easily (via an excel spread sheet calculator), in a few weeks I'll have time to reverse engineer it so that entering 1/32 dimensions will output a real world size. Once that is done, we will be able to up-scale the 1/32 items on the models and relate them to the real ones , creating a database. The problem is I will being using the metric system and so will have to convert to old sizes also.

I think for now if we just measure the 1/32 models tyres/wheels as accurately and in as many dimensions as possible and post up here what model they belong to, in a little while I will be able to say what they would be in real sizes, that is if people would rather I work it out.

I know my CASEIH 1394 rear wheels arnt right(more suited to 1494)

but i dont know what other options i have even if i knew the

right size  :'(

maybee marcus  can help

2wd  1394 tractor with the thinner option (not row crop)rear wheeled    also the other chunkier rear wheeled option as im doing another 2 1394s

I found this on the web

http://www.geocities.com/lrc_act/4wdstuff/tyre.htm

If you download a copy in Microsoft Excel 5/95 format you can then enter the real tyre sizes and simply divide the result by 32 or 16 or 64 or whatever to get scale size.  A lot of manufacturers are now putting tyre sizes in their info so this may assist real size to model size.

You only need the Original Tyre info on the spreadsheet.