Ploughing 13.5.07

CCF

Went up to my relatives farm today and learned how to plough. Though it was a good learning experience and was able to  learn something out of it. As this was my first time ploughing, my uncle adjusted the height of the plough most of the time, and I steered the tractor. My uncle had bought the tractor just a week ago- an IH 300. The seller of the tractor tried to grind down the Model ID # plate and add different decals to the tractor to try to pass it off as a Super M for a few extra dollars, but the torque amplifier made it pretty obvious that it was not a Super M. Without further a due, here are some of the pictures from today.

Cheers chaps  :)

Looks like fun Tim :)  Maybe found yourself a new beetie mobile  ;D:D;D

I've already asked my parents...I can't take the tractor home  :'( ::):D :D

Good one Tim the 300 is a nice tractor......even in front of that deere which is a nice plow......what is going to be planted?

Hi mate not sure on exactly what he is going to be planting there right now, think he may be planting corn  :-\

One look at that tractor and you can tell by the rear wheels and exhaust its not an model M. Have you any details on the 300 I've never seen one accross in this country.

Here you go Bill:

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td318.html

Great pictures Tim, looks awesome. Can i ask whats that on the back of the Ford/County thing in one of the pictures... looks like a topper or something  :-\ :-X???

Hi mate, on back of the ford is a rototiller, or rotovator as it may be known over there. The purpose of the rototiller is quite similar to that of a disk; to remove any of the large clumps of soil left over from ploughing.

Thanks for the link with the spec of the 300 Tim. No wonder I havenrt seen one in Britain I didn't realise they were only produced over such a short period. That looks to be a good website.