Howard Big Baler.

britainswomble

Yeah no flash pannels to bend or damage

This was the 1st baler i ever drove, behind a ford 6610, Mongrel of a baler personlay, we had a dodgey knotter on the out side so every 5th or so bale would bust appart on  exit, They were well ahead of there time and it was a good machine realy, just had a habbit of logging out uni joints in the pto shaft at the baler end, Ill go home this weekend and see if its still there for some pics

I've just listed an operators instruction manual for the Howard Bigbaler on Ebay just this morning if you're interested. I will post up the link in a mo so's you can look at it.

Here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320151695796&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

Thanks for finding that. I am very interested and hopefully there will be some good enough illustrations that may help with my wild idea of scratch building one. Cheers buddy. ;):)

In fact it's on watch right now.  ;):D

Thanks for finding that. I am very interested and hopefully there will be some good enough illustrations that may help with my wild idea of scratch building one. Cheers buddy. ;):)

In fact it's on watch right now.  ;):D

If it's like the one I bought William then it may not be a big help to you (I bought one for the same reason), maybe Tim can let us know if it has or not :);)

I have the manual book here infront of me and apart from the photo of it on the front cover it has two line drawings inside, both these drawings are the same but one is numbered for parts and the other shows the lubrication points.

Here is one of the line drawings if it will help anyone who wishes to attempt a build.

Bigbaler.jpg

I have the manual book here infront of me and apart from the photo of it on the front cover it has two line drawings inside, both these drawings are the same but one is numbered for parts and the other shows the lubrication points.

Here is one of the line drawings if it will help anyone who wishes to attempt a build.

Bigbaler.jpg

Snot a lot a use really, but I'd still like to have it for old times sake. An' I could read about its nipples..........har har har.....snort.......(Sorry that's my posh laugh again)  ;):D :D :D :D

Do you want detailed photos and mesurements or just photos? ill go see if i can find the one i drove on sunday if your goin go make one mate

Some photo's from all sides would be greatly appreciated kind sir. The leaflet gives the overall dimensions of the baler so it should be possible to work out the dimensions from a picture. I think it's as important to get the proportions right to make it look acceptable. It's very kind of you to offer to photograph

it for me, so thanks very much. This will be printed off and kept for the winter holidays when I hope to have time to have a crack at scratch building.

I think this is a relatively easy one to try as everything is angular and has no rounded surfaces which are always difficult to reproduce.

;):)                            Cheers buddy.