MX & Baker

Guest Fendt pwr

Guest Fendt pwr

CASE MX285 & Baker cross slot no-tillage air seeder seen today sowing feed barley into rye grass seed stubble on "Altonbrook" farm just out of the southbridge township,canterbury.

Guest Fendt pwr

This seeder takes alot of power to pull it,the MX285 was runing @2000rpm and was working hard exp on the high nobbs of the feild,the engine dropped from 2000rpm down too 1500rpm when the seeder was dropped into the ground on the headlands.

This kiwi made seeder puts the fert and the seed down in a "T"shape under the ground with the seed on one side of the slot and the fert on the other side,hence the high power requment.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures,I sure enjoyed riding in the tractor today.

Any Q's just ask.

fendt power.

Guest Fendt pwr

thanks lads,

He also runs a 2388 combine,mxm130 with front loader,MX 135,MF 188 with front loader  :D .Since they moved over to no-tillage they have sold heaps of tractors and gear for working the ground.

Guest Fendt pwr

Your right it's only 3 meters.

While ridding with the driver he had to put his foot on the clutch once because the seeder almost stalled the MX and brought it to a standing stop.

That land has been under no-tillage for 3 years now,frist year was barley then rye grass seed and now barley another time,next year I'd say it will be in peas or clover seed.