The Ultimate drilling combo or a bit of over-kill????

AndyB

One of my growers bought one of these to - amongst other operations - stick in front of a 6m rapid.  I like the concept but that is one heavy tractor and only time will tell whether the gain on headlands is countered by the in field wheeling compaction :-\

post-36-132638604752_thumb.jpg

nice kit , but get a wet autum and half the farmers would be b######d with kit like that

Quite aggree.  My worry is that this particular grower has shed man-power, so has had to increase horse power, which is fine in the autumn where usually you are dealing with reasonably dry conditions where this kit is ok.  However when spring drilling comes into the equation - the jury is still out.

Know what you mean. Crawlers are fine in the dry, but they just don't bite in greasy conditions.  This another positive for the stocks tracks in that you have the half way house.

These H traks run excellent in the wet, I have a video at work of one ploughing in some ground with about 4" of water on it.

If I can get it I will try and post it but they are fine in the wet because you have so much contact with the ground. As for compaction, nearly non existent!  ;D

These H traks run excellent in the wet, I have a video at work of one ploughing in some ground with about 4" of water on it.

If I can get it I will try and post it but they are fine in the wet because you have so much contact with the ground. As for compaction, nearly non existent!  ;D

Thats different to what the 2 local farms running them on clay soils have said, the minute it turns wet they have to take off the track assemblies and put the wheels back on as they can't move with them otherwise