Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

And now for my summer job. Not to everyones taste but itis a job I have had something to do with for ten years now. The money can soon be racked up on this job as it isn't so weather dependant. As soon as the combine/bales have gone we're in and as soon as we are gone the cultivators are in. This year Wessex Water took on the sludge spreading themselves with the purchase of 4 John Deere 7530 Premiums, 4 Bunning Lowlander 150's, 2 McCauley 14t lowloaders and 3 JCB JS130's (Two for spreading and stockpiling, one just for stick piling). As well as brand new Mitsu L200's, fuel bowsers and a fleet of Iveco 8x4 hookloaders and bulkers.

Spreading Lime Stabilised Sewage Sludge and Digested Sewage Sludge between 18t and 24t / Hectare. Two spreaders, mine is one have onboard computors and wieghers for precise application. When we split into two teams each team will be lead by one of these. I'll lead one team, the manager Chris will lead the other. We each get two spreaders, 2 John Deere's, 1 lowloader and 1 JCB. With some big stock piles to do we are all working together for the time being.  ;);D

Here is me be loading by Rich who I worked with last summer with the contractor.

post-227-132638828045_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828064_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich under pressure. Arrival at the next job, my tractor is furthest left. No spreader as I towed the excavator there and went back to get my spreader after I took the photo.

post-227-132638828179_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828225_thumb.jpg

Nice one Tris, Brand spanking new kit eh ;)

Sometimes the sludge really reeks, but usually it doesn't smell too bad at all. Think it depends which treatment place it comes from :-\  Also here it's ranged from jet black to almost white - must have been a lot of lime added.

How many hours a day do you tend to work at this contract ?

When I went back for my spreader, this monster had turned up. The ground is farmed by Velcourt and there was a CR9060 around with a Puma 210 on carting duties but they wern't in eyeshot at this time. I was happy whatching this though  :)

The Simba Solo 600 made her work I can tell you, sounded lovely coming up the hill.

post-227-132638828249_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828274_thumb.jpg

Nice one Tris, Brand spanking new kit eh ;)

Sometimes the sludge really reeks, but usually it doesn't smell too bad at all. Think it depends which treatment place it comes from :-\  Also here it's ranged from jet black to almost white - must have been a lot of lime added.

How many hours a day do you tend to work at this contract ?

Yep, all new this year. My tractor had 49hrs on it when I got in it. Havn't been spreading all week as we have had some organising to do and have the computors fitted etc but already I have done 53hrs since Monday. Getting picked up at 6.30 and home again around 10pm. Been waiting for hours like these. :)

Is that Fonthill Farms Quadtrak Tris ?

Don't know, this was at Horton just outside Devizes. Part of 5000 acres they have around Pewsey Vale.

One more as he puts the Simba in the ground and one of my tractor all hitched up and ready to head up to Avebury and join the others.  :) (Just caught the sun on the headlight cluster, sparkling!!)  :D

post-227-132638828343_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828367_thumb.jpg

Got up to Avebury and the farmer there was just finishing a bit of rape he got rained off of. This was going at it hammer and tongs and jeeeez didn't the turbo whistle, never heard a combine like it!!  :o

post-227-132638828387_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828432_thumb.jpg

nice pictures Tris, cant be bad loads of hours :) is one digger enough for loading all them spreaders?

Should hit 80hrs by Saturday and we don't work Sundays  :) So it will be a god week mate yeah. No time to spend the cash either  ;)

In a word, no it isn't enough but at the moment we want to get going and make a good start so we are running the four spreaders together. From next week we will be spilt into our two teams and head off in different directions.

Combine right up the top of the field finishing off with his grain cart waiting. Two of the gang spreading back towards the stock pile as I get loaded.

View from the top of the field following on behind the other spreaders.

post-227-132638828494_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828609_thumb.jpg

This morning we moved again, up to a farm between Shirvenham and Lambourne to spread 1000t of digested cake. With the distance to travel I opted to pull tandem spreaders and Rich took the slew. The Polish guy can only pull a single axle trailer on hi licence so he took Chris's outfit while Chris went off on a aprts run.

The lad on grain cart in this 7495 thought better of squeezing through when he saw me leading the pack on this god for saken lane  :D :D :D

post-227-132638828636_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828658_thumb.jpg

Claas 826 where we moved to. He started working in the sludge with a LYNX Sumo Trio but it proved quite a hard job so he returned later on with trailed Simba TopTilth I think it was.

That's all for now.  :)

post-227-132638828704_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638828731_thumb.jpg

Love it Nick, no room in the cab for much else but me though. Power boost is good, familiar controls, very well spec'd, easy to keep clean, great ride. . . . Can't do 50k with two spreaders though!!

The sad thing is, we were due to have full spec'd 7930's but they would be two tonne over wieght when pulling the JCB :( When spreading up hill, the 75 struggles.

Archived