Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am i right in saying the 60series /TM were out as like for like competition for the MF6000 / 8000 series ?

massey in my area were doing alright untill the 6000 /8000 series came out, it was these tractors that lost MF a lot of business, & about the time i got to use the 60 series for dung spreading & a TM 165 for hauling corn, got to admit , the design & reliability has done the blues very well & unlike the TM i cant realy see the 6/8000 series ever being a classic tractor , in the true sence of the word :(

Think they staggered the 40/60 series Marcus. I've had a bash in quite a few and they're not overall bad to use or anything. Massey losts its footing when Wilts Ag packed up. They were a huge dealer in the 80's. That gave Tincknells JD and ultimately TH White Ford all to play with. Today it's still a Whites monopolly with an influence from Tincknells' patch run by Hunts, Vaughan for Claas and Listers for Agco. A long time MF user has gone blue after a disatrous spell with 6290's.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of Snowy pics for you all. Firstly, this has been sat in my mates yard for ages. It has diesel in the sump and is for sale but noone seems to want to buy her. The doors are in the shed, one has smashed glass but they are rot free. The other is the 8560 which was bought in Wessex last year and has done nothing, she has been put against the new New Holland BR baler which is due in soon.

post-227-132639025843_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639025877_thumb.jpg

The TM140 at the other place I am working catching a few morning rays fromt he sun amid the snow. The TM155 parked on the side of the road near Shrewton before tipping the load off at the milkmans place.

post-227-132639025973_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639026002_thumb.jpg

They are mate yeah, the 8340 and it's hedgecutter are Petes but what the hedgecutter is I am not sure, it may be a PA5000.

The TM and it's hedgecutter is all Pete's uncle is keeping. His is a well used PA somethig or other with extendable boom. I iwll find out next time mate  ;)

Bit of an update as to what I have been upto with one of the guys I am working for. We do a bit of wood if there is not much else on, otherwise he and his Dad do it on a Saturday. With wood hard to get in at the moment the offer of some ash from a coppice being thinned out was greatfully taken up. It is already cut into cords just down the road so we take the processor and am 8t Webcox down and when she is full we come home. Usually three cord per trailer or so.

we had a combi palax and the valve chest cracked up inside and went threw the whole machine, what a mess and it would blow the oil tank lid off when the oil filter was in. chopped it in for the combi 500 mk2. it has a fold out conveyour and it moves from side to side so no need to move the tractor and trailer to fill the trailer. but its mostly the same as the mk 1. do  you do kindling as well mate

The guy who does the logs as his main business does kindling yes. Has a British built machine of which I forget the manufacturer. Quite a handy bit of kit, oil driven ram off a tractor and that's it.

I'd thought that too Marcus, havn't the time for that though sadly :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some updates centre around logs again, we are not cutting for next winters seasoned logs aswell as still supplying the guy in Farrington Gurney for his winters logs. So whenever I have a free minute I can go up there to keep busy, nice to know.  :)

The JCB while I pat the load down ready for the run down to Farrington. came from an arable farm this old girl and she is a minter when she is washed off. Hydraulic power is showing it's years mind but she's a great yard machine. It does get used for stacking in the summer too but at 30k on the road. ..  ::)

TM155 on the trailer parked under the processor elevator, powered by a TM150.

post-227-132639064884_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639064904_thumb.jpg

Looking down on the table. The logs are carried forward on four chains, then one at a time they are lifted on four beams and they topple onto spiked rollers which are hydraulically driven. The logs are carried onto the conveyor belt and into the processor.

A look at the machinery from a few feet away showing the table to theleft, processor central and the trailer to the right.

post-227-132639065316_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639065336_thumb.jpg

Archived