Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has a bit of paint loss from the bonnet and a new set of boots has been added shnce that pic was taken on Monday but at 9 years old and something like 11k hours. . . She ain't a bad old gal! :) The TS is a year younger and she is totally mint with only 5700 hours which is same as the 2004 TM155. The TM140 has 3k or so I think but I can't remember her plate, it was a Lackham College workshop tractor so did no work really. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tris,is it not common to mow the paddock round and round? or is that idea from the old days were the mowers were smaller?

It is quicker, Ol as the mower spends more time in the crop. When raking though, it makes a lumpy swath when you cross the rows. Secondly, the fields are always worked up and down so you'd be in for a rough ride doing it any other way! :D

• 1 month later...

Well a fair bit has been done since the last lot with second cut, wrapping, combining etc - most of which are absent of pics but here are a few I did get from Sunday when we were rowing up barley straw for baling. It had been donw three and a half weeks so ithe condition surprised us somewhat. The headlands were bad though as it had been cut with a Terra-Trac.

post-227-132639147389_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639147421_thumb.jpg

And todays effort, Traci came out on her way home from work with a can of Ben Shaws Lemonade  :-*:P which I swapped with her for my camera and she got these of me in the TX34 in a 56ac piece of spring barley.

post-227-132639147622_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639147649_thumb.jpg

very interesting pictures

Thank You  :)

Early on in the topic I used Photobucket which is going back a couple of years now. Half of those links no longer work due to my messing around in the PB albums  :(

New one on me too, Sean. Farmer swears it makes better bales. Only does it with his barley straw though. As it doesn't go through a straw bedder any stones don't pose a risk although the baler isn't keen on them :D

Yes Marcus, that's the quality Polish built machine ::)

Archived