Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Well UF, the driver said it bruddy went likea tornado jet! He was turning into a lane between the houses and nearly went straight into the house. The TM155 I am on did similar while on a baler driven by its owner.

I asked Bas and this is the preferred way. We can't drop the front of the trailer to catch the maize easier and the forager driver hit the back of a forager when he was trailering a few years ago which put him off. It was so dry this year we could have used GINAF's! ;D

No fuel saving as the tractor still has to follow on behind. It does mean headlands take longer due to trailer swapping.

Thanks for the answer Tris :)

texas

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

New timber bed turned up last week. .. this chap drove down from Perth (Caledonian Forestry are the importers for Palax) with the bed for us and two smaller processors. One for Ashford, Kent and one for Lincoln before heading back to Perth. Quite a trek but a nice wagon he had. You don't see many 7.5t trucks with this cab option.

post-227-132639209377_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639209397_thumb.jpg

After unloading the two other machines the bed was put to erm. ...  bed.

Just before the weekend this turned up to go with it. The new machine is now set up and running. With both of these Palax machines going we should be able to cut 25t a day when we are cutting to fill the shed.  :of8)

post-227-132639209417_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639209437_thumb.jpg

We'll have the storage area double by next year too MJ590. The other shed where the balers are has a dirt floor but it should have been concreted by next season so we can fill one shed while using the other. Kind of alternate so we always have dry, seasoned wood.

Graham, this year since Jan we have taken in something like 1000t with predominantly beech, the ash, sycamore and the odd bit of oak. Works out at 36 lorry loads and I am sure he was aiming for 44 by the end of the season. Waiting for a clear sunny day when both Palax are going on the TM's loading a Cabstar each to get a good photo ;)

a nice wagon he had. You don't see many 7.5t trucks with this cab option.

looks a handy machine , & will no doubt need some feeding , just keep yer fingers on mate, as they'll not look so good on the floor  :-\

as for the MAN 7.5 seeing more & more about mate , i'd say MAN TGL & MERC ATEGO are selling pretty well with the high roof options for the 7.5 market , does make you wonder what the carrying capacity drops down to though, but i't nice to see the 7.5 tonner driver getting something close to what the bigger trucks have in terms on comfort , after all the MAN does have the best & biggest bunk on the market !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did you find the T6080 mate?

Dads done 1600hrs in his now and loves it ::)

talking to a chap at petersfield yesterday paul , he said he'd rather have his TM165 back anyday over the new 6080, says the 6080 is too short & not heavy enough

Archived