Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Friday and today I have been hacking away at this great big Willow for a farmer. It has come down over his fence into his neighbours meadow. Hell of a job it has been too but I well pleased I have been able to tackle it.  :)

post-227-13263929204_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639292054_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the farmers little TR200 too, he was looking to change this but has not found anything as good so it's staying. JCB are working on a new smaller pivot steer so that cold well be what replaces it he says. It was handy to shift the chunks about but there were two which I have to go back to cut down some more, the TR200 wouldn't lift them so they had to be about 3t a piece, glad they came down as planned and not on top of me!!!!!

post-227-132639292388_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639292401_thumb.jpg

great update tris!

*resists temptation to point out that the "4 foot across" tree trunk is taller than you*

alex  :-*

i admire you resistance alex , it didn't take much & tris will never know , look i even refrained from quoting & highlighting it in bold text , all done & tris is none the wiser ;D ;D

nice updates mate , like the shed for wood storage , will help it dry so much quicker  :)  you signed your contract to appear on the next series of axemen then ? ;)

i admire you resistance alex , it didn't take much & tris will never know , look i even refrained from quoting & highlighting it in bold text , all done & tris is none the wiser ;D ;D

nice updates mate , like the shed for wood storage , will help it dry so much quicker  :)  you signed your contract to appear on the next series of axemen then ? ;)

it's a good job we have self control.....  ;D ;D

I was planning on posting up one of my recent felling snaps but it seems rather pointless after these; the trunks were at most 10"across and my saws a baby next to that thing! Nice pictures Tris :)

Cracking update Trissy... I do love (and quite envy) your log setup mate.. if you ever fancy setting that up here I'd be pleased to talk to you about it.

And I'm not so keen on your 'yolk' lad myself... If it's no red then leave 'er in the shed is my fave expression.....

oh.. that and "give 'er plenty till the tanks empty" as well of course  ;D:-*

Cheeky sods! I said 4ft across, as you can see it is a good 8ft high . . . :D

Nick do you mean that ERF? :P It's an 02 and not a MAN cab either. One of the last home grown beauties of Britain.

The way work is at the moment, Marcus I'll be turning the next series of axemen down! :D We are making use of these

warm breeze days too and spreading a cut artic load out over the yard for a week or more if we can before putting it in the shed.

Mark you'll have to visit during a show weekend or something and have a play with my big chopper! ;D As for red tractors, over rated so my friends mate tells me who works for a contractor who runs Deutz.

some nice updates there tris, thats one hell of a tree i must say, can just see you having to go on top to get the blade through, did the farmer lift you up on the handler??? as normal hobbit ladders wouldn't reach surely ;):D :D

ive never met tris before but by the sounds of things hes abit small short ;D

ive never met tris before but by the sounds of things hes abit small ;D

oi now look here harv m'lad i find that a bit offensive , small ? small? i think the word your looking for is short now if you dont want yer kneecaps well & truly ..............er...............?.. headbutted by tristopher & m'self i'd ?..................i'd .......umm...........you know .jolly well.........wossname so there............ ?

think i sorted him out tris , i'm right behind you as they say ................. so that means they can still see me ? ............... right ?. right

actually thinking about it, at a previous spalding we had a height up between mr barrett , mr old massey and tris, and old massey and marcus were actually smaller than tris, not by much, but they both were, so i guess we need to stop this short stuff comments really ;D ;D ;D

oi now look here harv m'lad i find that a bit offensive , small ? small? i think the word your looking for is short now if you dont want yer kneecaps well & truly ..............er...............?.. headbutted by tristopher & m'self i'd ?..................i'd .......umm...........you know .jolly well.........wossname so there............ ?

think i sorted him out tris , i'm right behind you as they say ................. so that means they can still see me ? ............... right ?. right

i modyfied my error ;)

actually thinking about it, at a previous spalding we had a height up between mr barrett , mr old massey and tris, and old massey and marcus were actually smaller than tris, not by much, but they both were, so i guess we need to stop this short stuff comments really ;D ;D ;D

er i think you'll find i'm taller than tris & tris is taller than mark  :-\

I don't know. I go to the effort of posting up may days doing and what do I get? Hobbicially abused!! You bunch of meanies. Marcus was only taller because he had a drawing pin stuck in one shoe >:(:D

Well, we did try to count it actually but the rings got too close to make out properly.... we are thinking maybe 200 years  :of

All the wood went on the bonfire, it was nearly all big stuff and not worth the hassle and time to split it down considering it is not very good wood anyway. The Stihl 660 unfortunately dropped the top off the spark plug inside the piston last thing on Monday and I have two pieces left to cut down to a more manageable size when I can get back to it.

As of tomorrow I am cleaning out the chicken houses again.

we have a lot of willow round here for the cricket bats i think ,they wont reach 200yrs  some age tris ,

better chuck them clothes in the bin tommorow night then make the house smell lovely they will tris  ;)

Archived