Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Local farmer wanted 40 bales of hay so this contractor came in to bale them. He was flying! Now, a Haybob is never going to put enough grass in front of a hungry baler on the back of a 7495 I know but he must have been doing 20mph!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Final scene of the night as I left in the lorry to drive back across the fields to the yard ready for tomorrows 4am departure  :)

post-227-132639866987_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639866994_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639867001_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639867007_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks chaps  :)

Yeah been a busy couple of weeks, a few more of them to come too. Should help with the home improvements (and puppy!!). There are three more very original 590's up there Tim, all four wheel drive.

Sean, I havn't seen one that has not been set this wide to tell you the truth. All have been on a wide track width for stability given the higher speeds in the field.

Some cracking pics there as usual Mr Trissle.. thanks for sharing mate

That farmhand loader takes me back.... when I 'were a lad' it seemed like EVERY farm had a 100 series on a Farmhand loader... well before the days of the telehandler

The cab on the 290 is a Lambourne mate.... ugly looking thing isn't it.... the Irish had a lot of them I do believe... most of them are a funny looking lot too... so I guess it follows  ;D  :P

You are only lucky fella really... driving all of that old 80's kit... I'd LOVE to have a day on a 600 series.. or even a 500 series if it wasn't too warm outside  :-[:D :D

Thanks mate :) I'd be extatic if Nigel Ford brought us a 165 with an F11 on it or as a seperate kit. It would be flipping spot on! That 290 was on Irish plates as it happens so there's the link. Hay is done again foi a day or two as the weather has come over all unsettled again.

Interesting collective today from Devon  :) Shame one farmer didn't even wash off his tractor though  ::) The JCB was the first 4ws off of the production line I am told an used to live at the factory on display. It was later sold to a chap near Birmingham and then to the chap I picked it up from who has had it for ten years, some of which with a loader fitted. The 7710 is another very honest looking and original blue'un. They seem to be coming through just recently. The little Deere covered in turd is a wreck which is a shame as it has a nice loader and looks like a half handy machine, or at least it was once.

I also found a 4am shot of the truck before I took the second load of hay down to Wales on Friday, under a spooky moon.

post-227-132639877696_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639877704_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639877711_thumb.jpg

Some cracking pictures there as usual Mr Trissle.. thanks for sharing mate

That farmhand loader takes me back.... when I 'were a lad' it seemed like EVERY farm had a 100 series on a Farmhand loader... well before the days of the telehandler

The cab on the 290 is a Lambourne mate.... ugly looking thing isn't it.... the Irish had a lot of them I do believe... most of them are a funny looking lot too... so I guess it follows  ;D  :P

You are only lucky fella really... driving all of that old 80's kit... I'd LOVE to have a day on a 600 series.. or even a 500 series if it wasn't too warm outside  :-[:D :D

im irish and we had a 240s with one of them cabs, and i dont think thars pc  mark :of

some brilliant pics there tris , , really liking that TW10 though , what a beauty ! still waiting for that flexicab to fly off in the wind though  ::)  ;D

nice to chat to ronan last saturday, oi will keep an eye out for yous in wales mate  ;D

:)

Dockers and shippers prefer semi permanent securing when vehicles are mounted on other vehicles, ie welded and bolted.

A superb truck I saw in Birchanger Services today . ..  I WANT!!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

And my return load of 500 series.  :)

post-227-132639885142_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639885162_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639885169_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639885464_thumb.jpg

It's one of the newly styled Peterbilts, Barry. I've always been fond of the 387 which this one shares it's bonnet. Not sure of the model, I've forgotten it ::) since my last visit to the Peterbilt website.

Archived