Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

just need to keep trawling sean , i bet tris see's more than he takes pics of that are great for limited budget retorations , like my 168 , but if time & money is a limiting factor , a howards 165 would be just the job  :)

got to admit , i was seriously looking at a tractor from howards refurbed stock when i was looking for a tractor , my only gripe was i wanted a cab on it & howards replacement wings dont accomadate flexicabs from what i see  :(

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That TW is the one from that big sale with all the leylands and sp slurry tankers i have to say i dont like to see all these nice classics heading off never to return again :'( but people have to make money some how  :)

just need to keep trawling sean , i bet tris see's more than he takes pictures of that are great for limited budget retorations , like my 168 , but if time & money is a limiting factor , a howards 165 would be just the job  :)

got to admit , i was seriously looking at a tractor from howards refurbed stock when i was looking for a tractor , my only gripe was i wanted a cab on it & howards replacement wings dont accomadate flexicabs from what i see  :(

bet they could easily sort that as part of the refurb , but i bet tris could find out,  pretty good bet they have a few frames sat arround that could go on to

Always best to ring up and ask direct, Sean. I only drive for them. As much as I see what goes on, it isn't really my place to get involved in 'dealings' so to speak. There are two or three cabs about still on tractors awaiting their fate at the moment but unless they go on ebay or something, they'll be scrapped. With so much stock at the yard, there just isn't the space to keep things 'just incase' if you know what I mean.

So some oat straw was bought as a standing crop back along. Hell of a crop it turned into as well on most parts of the ground, 50 acres in two pieces. However, once cut. . . it rained. It did that for three days and we have turned it, shook it, turned it again. . .. it has now been baled but it was turning into a bit of a nightmare trying to get it dry in a month where the hours of sun reduce by the day it would seem. I turned it twice with a Ford 7740 and the hay bob.

post-227-132639934548_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934556_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934565_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934571_thumb.jpg

A 'lorry and drag' load from a farm sale! Believe it or not, that trailer is a 2001 and it is immaculate. A real tidy farm which sold locally a month or so ago. The ground was out-farmed but the farmer had a small amount of machinery for some horse paddocks and some maintenance work. The 399 was sold to him by Howards a few years back.

post-227-132639934582_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934592_thumb.jpg

Some photos from Cheffins now and a lovely 4250 being lead to it's lot space by one of the CAT loadalls.

Something a bit different, Case MX120 with a big verge trimmer, I'd imagine it came from the fens or somewhere similar. It looked super tidy and it would be interesting to know what a complete outfit like this would make.

post-227-132639934598_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934643_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934655_thumb.jpg

And so the spring barley straw was ready for us to collect. About ten loads, five of which have been delivered. Four to a customer near Bristol and one of three to a customer near Tiverton. The others will be sold on as well or kept back for the farm.

The MX135 has nearly 9000hrs on it, owned from new, never had a spanner on it, never lost a drop of oil. . .. an absolutely stunning tractor. I loaded one load with it and it's a nice tractor, no rattles or squeaks, the loader is as good as new in the pins and so on. A real gem.  ..

Until one of the chaps on the farm took the roof off with the Sanderson last week!!!!! To say the farmer was annoyed is an understatement!!!

post-227-132639934665_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934671_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934678_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639934684_thumb.jpg

fab pictures ..wish i did what you did .. were i work we got 1000 acres 350 milking cows 200 acres combinable crops.. 120 acres maize  .. winter is 365 days a year ..feeding(tmr) ,scraping( bloody auto scrapers), milking  calving and bedding /sawdusting the cubicals ..need a change i think 

That's a hell of a lot to contend with!  :of This place is busy 8 days a week too. I have the rest of this month on full time and then from October I should be back up the log yard a few days a week and also having a much needed week off in Cornwall first week of October  :)

Here there is 400 acres of owned and rented pasture. 100 calving organic beef sucklers including limousin, angus, hereford crosses and pedigree Charolais and 30 store heiffers and steers, bull hire, the tractor and machinery exports, hay and straw buying and selling, plant hire and anything else that can make a bit of money basically!

• 2 weeks later...

Brakes on the lowloader have been snapping back a little bit of late and with the MOT due on the trailer the chaps in the workshop set too with no holes barred and stripped all six right back. Everything was steamed off, new pads fitted and other associated parts and after this weeks' mileage and a little adjustment she's braking nice and smoothly now  :)

A load ready for the docks, MAN, MF 3645, 4 furrow disc plough, 12m sprayer, 3 row ridger and a 4 row corn planter.

post-227-13263994363_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639943638_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639943646_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639943654_thumb.jpg

As the chaps went to town on the trailer, it was thought rude not to give the Topline a birthday too so when I jumped on Monday it smelt of dash wax and glass cleaner to the point I was sneezinf most of the day and driving with the window open! That said, the exterior did clean up very well too and it looks a different truck with some reflection in the paint instead of a dull road residue film! Here she is at Tilbury after I booked in and again on Tuesday morning after loading an MF188, MF375 4wd, MF290 Turbo and an Opico Swardlifter for the farms own use.

post-227-132639943664_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639943671_thumb.jpg

Docks again on Wednesday and Tilbury once more. Delivered a Mercedes mini-coach there and then jogged around to Sheerness to drop off this re-manufactured MF188, couldn't resist the backdrop in the compound with the big Terex!!  8)

A consignment of DAF XF double drives on construction chassis were also waiting for the same boat.

Next day (Wednesday) and it was Tilbury yet again! Dropped off these two, MF595 re-manufactured and a LF had a Claas Markant baler in the back.

post-227-132639943689_thumb.jpg

post-227-1326399437_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639943714_thumb.jpg

you really have got one of the best jobs here mate , not only do you swan about in a relativly half decent truck picking up & dropping off tractors & machinery of all shapes brands sizes & ages , but also you get  to drive as good as just like they were when they come out of the factory  MF & ford tractors  :of :of :of

c'mon tris there's not many your age can say they've driven a new 188 or 595 etc...

how cool is your job  8) 8) 8) 8)

you really have got one of the best jobs here mate , not only do you swan about in a relativly half decent truck picking up & dropping off tractors & machinery of all shapes brands sizes & ages , but also you get  to drive as good as just like they were when they come out of the factory  MF & ford tractors  :of :of :of

c'mon tris there's not many your age can say they've driven a new 188 or 595 etc...

how cool is your job  8) 8) 8) 8)

I totally agree with your above statement Marcus :P

How cool is his job 8)

Iiiiiiiiiiiice cooooooooooooold!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do love it and there's plenty of work there to keep me going so while it's there, I'll keep on going  :) :)

I would like a 188 I have to admit, refurbished or just a genuine off farm one. Something about the 188 has always appealed to me  :-*

Archived