Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah I see. Got a French 188 in at the moment from France. It's got the high hitch clevice point on it. In fact I think it is the one on the front of the lorry with the 375 and 290 on it. Very original . .. quite fanciable and one of those you be sad to see repainted and so on. .  :-[

tris , next time you get a re-manufactured anything it would be great if you could get some all round & incab / platform pictures , twas many years ago that i last sat in a proper brand new 500/ 200 / 300/ 2000 / 600 series tractor , would have loved to get a drive of that 595 :'(

An FTF visit to howards is long overdue my friend  :) :) :) :) :)

• 1 month later...

Update time again. Winter programme has started whereby my time is split between the haulage and farm work at Howards along with working up the log yard. This week I am up the log yard all week on my tod as everyone else is on holiday! Still, I quite like it.

Anyway, here are some updates from the pas few weeks. Starting with a day I forgot my camera and had to get a 3CX and 590 on the rigid  ::) If wasn't for the crane it would never have happened! The dealer took these pic and sent them to me  :) Basically with the 4 in 1 bucket opened up and the tines folded over, the tractors front end sat over the carriage behind the bucket, the tines going up under the wheel arches of the tractor. The back actor of the JCB folded and strapped up in the centre position, poking out between the ramps. Wish I'd had my camera  :(

post-227-132639985456_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985481_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985488_thumb.jpg

Down in Kent last week near Grahams gaff, Brockley. Very pretty Midsomer Murders type place. . ..  have to admit we did cause all kinds of mayhem arriving at 08.30 along a narrow lane which seems to be a hectic local rat run!! We wouldn't turn in the first time and had to carry on up a steep hill with a hairpin bend and a broken down car. . . poor old rigid on the back was getting up close and personal with the trees  :-[ But a swift blind side reverse into a junction at the top of the hill and we came back down and backed in here, the Church Green!

post-227-132639985494_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985508_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985514_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985529_thumb.jpg

I took the pair of 5000's with Farmhand F11 loaders and rear mast fork lifts and a Ford 7710. Took a bit of jiggering about but we usually get it all somehow! On the rigid was an MF575 and a Ford 7610 with a loader. The 7710 at the other end, back in the yard. Since then it has been steamed down and the cab cleaned up and glass polished, looks a different tractor already. Bit of a smoker though  :laugh:

post-227-132639985542_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985559_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985566_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985575_thumb.jpg

The little job of collecting a creep feeder. ...  alas. ...  with a lovely little 375 4wd and the one I brought back from Cambridge a few months ago. It is due to leave soon destined for somewhere hot no doubt. 12/12 shuttle, a little stonker!

post-227-132639985586_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985678_thumb.jpg

The site for the new beef shed. Part way to having the base laid. This part of the job is being done in house with the levels and guidance of the guy putting the shed up. There is a sediment pond which on Sunday was dredged out but by now may have been filled in, then the rest of the site can be laid with hardcore. My little job for Sunday afternoon was moving the spoil on the area next to be done using a newly bought JCB 803 and the farms 531-70. There is a lane the other side of the beef building which has been rough for years - it gets wet as hell in the winter so we have built it up. Should make the hedge trimming a tad easier too!

post-227-132639985778_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985785_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985812_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639985837_thumb.jpg

It will be the same length as the one in the background which I think is 120ft (six 20ft bays) but it won't be as wide - that one has a silage clamp in the middle whereas the new it will be a covered yard for anything really. Maybe 100ft wide or something?

Yeah 375 is a nice example, have not seen many 375s at all let alone a 4wd one.

The little job of collecting a creep feeder. ...  alas. ...  with a lovely little 375 4wd and the one I brought back from Cambridge a few months ago. It is due to leave soon destined for somewhere hot no doubt. 12/12 shuttle, a little stonker!

Lovely MF 375 4x4 there a nicew all rounder tractor  we a have a 2wd 1 would be lost with out it now thats when i get on it as my dad just loves it and is never out of it he said that the MF3085 is my tractor now ha ha!

The 300's are a superb range of tractors. A few of the earlier three stick samples are finding their way to the yard lately. I counted them up on Sunday, 9 in all I think it was. My first proper drive was a '91 390T HiLine with a 915 loader. Wish I knew where it was now :( It got changed for '03 JD 3200 telescopic. . . . I bet the 390T is still worth more!

some nice pics tris you do get about how do they find all them tractors is it all sales . nice farmhand loaders always wanted a model one ,know the road you are in at boxley got speed humps in the middle nice hairpin like you say to ,are they expanding the cattle side tris for the new building , best be carefull on the logs on your own .good to hear you are still busy  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This lot were at a sale, Graham. The farm worker here was telling us unfortunately the farmer ended his own life in rather dramatic circumstances  :-[

Beautiful little village that place Boxley is, bit of a rat run though.

Basically there are two beef units as such. The big building in the background of these shots and then on the rented farm two or three more buildings. I think the plan is to simplify it and keep all the calving cows at home in the new building and existing building and then any baron cattle, the bulls, steers and heiffers etc over at the rented place. I think that is the plan anyway.

Always busy thanks bud, plenty to do down here and the weekly average doesn't seem to be falling to much  :) :)

At the log yard, the two Cabstars have a bit of trouble on anything not dry - wet grass, snow, frosty tarmac, a cow pat. . .. you name it, it's halt a Cabstar especially when empty. No rear end weight on a rear wheel drive basically. I manage with the snow chains when it gets bad with ease, they're a doddle to put on but the other chaps seem to get in knots with them, so I went up to the tyre shop during the week and put these chunksters on the back of one of them. Proper winter tread and from 205 to 215 so a fair bit more tread too.

Another trailer load of logs goes in the shed- which got hit into hard during the summer leaving us a lot of work to do through winter  ::) I think out the other side of the building is about 800t of wood  :of

post-227-132639997336_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997342_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639997358_thumb.jpg

Archived