Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Guest Powerdozer

Yeah i reakon that Case outfit was the same one i saw hitting it off as was the Magnum on the cart, And i thought it was Keysley around 5 mins from me ive been harvesting on the downs well carting we have a old Claas Dominator 96 been brilliant so far only got 32 acres left to hit off next week fingers crossed.  ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yesterday was something new to me, grain haulage. Should be on this in the winter on an either full or relief basis. We have two of these on sub work to Witney Grain so if any of your farm boys send your grain out through Witney Grain you never know, I may want a cuppa tea one day.

Ex B&Q 03 plate Volvo FH12 460 with i-Shift. Freuhauf bulker with a payload of 29t plus a kilo or two.

First I am tipping Fridays load of wheat at Wadswick Farm, Corsham. Then after a load from Lackham College up to Wadswick again I went and loaded Oats for the driver to take on Monday from a farm in Poulshot.

Enjoy.  :)

Candy220.jpg

Candy221.jpg

Candy223.jpg

Candy224.jpg

Candy226.jpg

Brilliant. although I don't like these auto's for reversing in farmyars much mate!!!

It's one of those things, a little bit here and there and I am happy. I have always wanted to be able to mix farm work with a bit of truck driving, I am not counting my eggs before they hatch but this could be good. Just got to suss th job out a bit and see how hard he pushes - no nights out could mean chasing ones bottom all week long!!!

nice pics tris i had a daf two pedler on that marks and spencer job tris it was a terrible thing to reverse kept having the warning lights and clutch overload come up on dash trying to getinto tight stores and up incline it was useless but i liked driving it in london in the traffic ;)

Yeah your not wrong Graham, inching is not for the faint hearted in one of these things is it it mate? Like you say, out on the road it is fine though. In comparison it shifts much more nicely then an Iveco and a Renault, about on par with a Daf I reckon.

As for the truck itself Massey, it's here to stay. He has another like it, two Globe XL's on curtainsiders and two Scanias on powder cement. Now that I have finaly had an FH12 for a day or two after having years of Vabis in my blood I can honestly say I am quite fond of this lady. Forward/downward view is near on awful it has to be said but as a drive, a puller and an enviroment to work in it is very pleasant indeed. As for a Magnum. .. . . no ta.  :D

Yeah your not wrong Graham, inching is not for the faint hearted in one of these things is it it mate? Like you say, out on the road it is fine though. In comparison it shifts much more nicely then an Iveco and a Renault, about on par with a Daf I reckon.

As for the truck itself Massey, it's here to stay. He has another like it, two Globe XL's on curtainsiders and two Scanias on powder cement. Now that I have finaly had an FH12 for a day or two after having years of Vabis in my blood I can honestly say I am quite fond of this lady. Forward/downward view is near on awful it has to be said but as a drive, a puller and an enviroment to work in it is very pleasant indeed. As for a Magnum. .. . . no ta.  :D

Theyre great going round bends at 50 the cabs over but the wheels are still on the ground who needs alton towers :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just too clumbersome for farmyards mate, not really a job suited for having Canary Wharf for a cab!!!!!  :D :D :D

very true mate, love going with my step-dad can stand up without ducking also it was caliberated in belgium and goes quiet fast for a truck.

A mate has a renualt tip tronic, he loves it but they had to chuck a reduction box in for reversing, it was far to fast, its good now, its only a 380 but its got ballls, Not uncomen to see it drift in a silage padock, lovely truck to drive tho, had a play last season,

Friday saw me spraying the Beans at the farm off ready for harvest after the sprayer was fixed - a bad earth was leading to the solenoids in the air system opening/closing when they shouldn't and losing all the air pressure - thus no spraying!!  Here she is at Hindon on Saturday, home past of the great . . . M      D        FORD!! You'll see the village in tha background of one fo the pics. Simple round-up on set-a-side.

stuff004.jpg

stuff005.jpg

stuff010.jpg

And today was straw haulage, long distance from Chiseldon on j15 of the M4 to Wooton Basset on j16 of the M4!!

I had the Volvo, Ian had the Scania and Matt was driving the JCB. I ferried bales in groups of three to him so that we could load faster.

Arrival in the field with the grabs.

stuff035.jpg

With the loaders.

stuff036.jpg

stuff037.jpg

stuff038.jpg

stuff039.jpg

stuff040.jpg

stuff041.jpg

Lovely photo this, I was stood on the stack  8)

stuff042.jpg

Faster with two!!

stuff044.jpg

Variety is indeed the spice of life John yep. Keeps the mind young or so Im told.

Sounds like you know exactly where I was HindonLad :-D. That field, looking north; has a lane running up the right hand side of it, turning into a byway and joining the A303 just before the A350 turn. It also has 6 or so poles in it >:( Village Piece I think it was called.

Never done any baling, does that count?! :D

Love the aerial view. 

I have never stood an a stack but I have been in a JCB bucket at full stretch to take photographs of part of an event course.  Young Jon lowered me oh so gently but Nick let me down later with an almighty bump when he was in control.  (Nick is the boss).

Archived