Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Even if it was a rigid trailer I think it may be getting close to the limits of what the machine is rated for and in the case of yours Rich, way over the limit as most are only rated to tow 10-12 tonnes. You're asking for transmission trouble if you pull anymore than that with it :-\

yea didnt think of that ha ha! good comment

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if it was a rigid trailer I think it may be getting close to the limits of what the machine is rated for and in the case of yours Rich, way over the limit as most are only rated to tow 10-12 tonnes. You're asking for transmission trouble if you pull anymore than that with it :-\

I didnt think you were allowed to pull anything with a telehandler. Oh look what we have highlighted here....................... tractor drivers and agricultural people who are not sure of the limits of their machine. Me included. It's bad really.............

Well I know I'm in the clear. Trailer wieght 8t max. Farm is in a ring fence, added to a bit of common sense and you get a job which may take a tiny bit longer but within the realms of safety & sensibility.

Well I know I'm in the clear. Trailer wieght 8t max. Farm is in a ring fence, added to a bit of common sense and you get a job which may take a tiny bit longer but within the realms of safety & sensibility.

yea thats right take it easy and not rush  ;) ;)

Today it was a 3am role call and over to my mates yard. We set of for St Mawgan airfield with this on, taken in Taunton Dean services at about 5am I think. The tractor unit is my old truck, her reg used to be R5 AJC for the initials of my boss. They sold her on to my mate Charlie who bought her pretty well as she is, just signwriting has changed obviously. Sounds gawjusssss with the Eminox on the back and for an early 400 she don't half pull. Nice to be back in her again, lovely old gal  :) New Holland 1530 was in very very good nic, just dents on it's 10ft header from the plough furrow round the headlands.

post-227-132638621799_thumb.jpg

Then it was a jog over to near Golant to pick up this little lot. We got it all on, just!!! Was a nightmare coming our through the lanes though.  :o

A JD 965 with header and trolly, a spare engine, an 18,000hr MF3115 and a spare 4wd front axle.

post-227-132638621814_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638621819_thumb.jpg

I took over near Exeter and drove the rest of the way, memories memories. First time with an oversized load and some of the driving I witnessed was just unimaginable. A big white truck, beacons and wide load marker boards just still isn't enough for some people!!! All along from the M5 through to Pilton was very entertaining I can tell thee. Hope to get some more of this work on my own when they are busy though  :) :) :)

post-227-132638621824_thumb.jpg

Yeah we were a bit stuck with that, Charlie looked up, then across to me, then up again and the farmer just stood there, looked up and said to Charlie "Your not. . .. .."  :o

Priceless!!

Nice pictures there Tris - that NH is a minter - any idea of the price - I reckon the JQ is one foot well into a scrapyard :-\

I'll find out what they paid and what they got for it. The 965 is by no means in good nic as you can see, it pee'd out hyd oil on left hand lock, wouldn't start and some of the belts are hanging on by the last few strands of wire. ... ?1000 for the farmer. .. . it'll go to Africa for at least ?4000!!! The 3115 is off to Poland, an English immigrant in Poland can you believe it?!!!!  :D;D

Hi Tris, I live not that far from St Mawgan, Whereabouts did you deliver the New Holland ???

(Thats if you're allowed to say :-\)  Nice pics again by the way ;)

Can you answer my question.,,,, :'(  Pleeeeeease Mister T :P

I'll find out what they paid and what they got for it. The 965 is by no means in good nic as you can see, it pee'd out hyd oil on left hand lock, wouldn't start and some of the belts are hanging on by the last few strands of wire. ... ?1000 for the farmer. .. . it'll go to Africa for at least ?4000!!! The 3115 is off to Poland, an English immigrant in Poland can you believe it?!!!!  :D;D

4k for that - over here you would buy a minter for that kind of money and I guess that scrapper wouldn't be worth any more than ?600 :)

Archived