Britains Ford 5000 Review

FW

Well Sean beat me to it, but I've taken the pictures now, so I think I'll do one myself aswell. :)

Think I shall spit this up, so that it makes some sort of sense, by making lists of both likes and dislikes of this model, followed by a range of photograghs.......... ;)

-Very striking in appearance.

-Excellent detail on and undereath the bonnet and on the engine block.

-Diecast Bonnet, engine block, chasis and cab-top.

-Cab can be removed and looks smart without it, revealing a realistic seat.

Dislikes

-Fixed front axle, which is very disapointing knowing that they could have done a good job on, as they have on the JD 4020.

-Plastic mudguards and steps, which will not last long if it used as a toy.

-Cab interior lacks detail.

-The hitch as expected....Looks cheap and it is unfortunatly, like most other Britains models, however can hold a bit more weight than others recently. Also, the pick-up hitch is burried somewhere in the chasis, meaning the turning circle is fairly limited and will not close up with many trailed implements in trailers, as there isn't enough space.

Generally, I think this is a very good model and hopefully a sign of good models to come from now on. However there are some areas which they know they need to address, (especially the hitch), it's just a case of when I guess. Also I think the front axle is very disappointing, because as I said before, they already have the casting and capability to make a good steering one, yet they fit a fixed one. However, I do recommend it to everyone at just ?11-ish quid and definatly worth all of that in my opinion.......Bring on the 7000's! :);) ;)

8/10

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

Can we have pics of it beside the old (9527) 5000?

I see major improvements in some details, but also some disimprovements.

Grrrrrrr!  :-\

Why is it not to the JQ4020 standard I would have expected?

Yes I could, but would have to be tommorow if that's ok. And i know what you mean about it not being at the same standard as the 4020, is just infuriating to say the least! >:(:( :(

• 3 weeks later...

Can we have pics of it beside the old (9527) 5000?

I see major improvements in some details, but also some disimprovements.

Grrrrrrr!  :-\

Why is it not to the JQ4020 standard I would have expected?

Couldn't have put it any better myself - good review Will  ;)