Perkins Engines - 75th Anniversary Open Day

Andy

Yesterday I managed to get along to the Perkins Open day. They had a nice display of tractors and plant machinery from down the years hosting the various Perkins engines installed. I took plenty of photos, so I will get them uploaded later today hopefully.

The day included an extensive factory tour which was also great, so pretty good day all round!

u know that Caterpillar own Perkins ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Reece

Indeed, I didnt know they supplied JCB with one type of engine either. Strange seeing they are rivals.

I think it may have been employees only Mark, my girlfriends dad works there so thats how I got a ticket.

Im trying to find my bloomin USB link for my phone to get the pictures on here.

I think it may have been employees only Mark, my girlfriends dad works there so thats how I got a ticket.

Im trying to find my bloomin USB link for my phone to get the pictures on here.

Ah I see.... thanks Andy.... shame... I would love to have gone as well  :'(

Fingers crossed you find the lead then  :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to get those images from my phone.

Not the best quality in the world, but gives you an idea of what was on offer. Most were sourced from local farms. Its a shame they couldnt locate a few better examples, plus a few others, but the display still generated a lot of interest.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Hi Andy. Small world my wife was there also, she went along to see the small racing car her son at built last year while at Bath Uni.Perkins had helped sponsor their project

Brian

It definitely is Brian. I saw them there, but my loughborough formula student team were there also as we are too, sponsored by Perkins.