feed tower

Tractorman810

hi guys finished the internal wall on the pig unit today,just now.while waiting for them to dry turned my attention to the area beside it,where there will be a court yard with an small implement shed to one side,also a feed tower,do you think this looks to big,it will eventually feed two units,one behind the other,but unsure about it's size,just have to add top and bottom and pipe work,will be sprayed silver

Having spent 3 yrs blowing feed into them i`d say it was about right ,by the time you`ve got the bottom cone on it  you`ll only have room to push a feed barrow under it & by the time you`ve put the support struts & brace bars on the legs  the gangly apperance will dissapear.

Are you planning to have a gravity feed straight into the pigery or a mechanised flexi auger ?

Looks ok coming along nicely. :)

it made out of the off cuts of the corrugated roofing,,2 bits as i didn't have a new sheet,just rolled and glued,will be silver or galvanised silver if i can find the right silver paint,.not planning on driving under,as there will be a angled funnel bottom and a ,hopefully,gorrigated top,if it folds ok,i might well lower it slightly depending on how well the bottom funnel goes,will have to see

Are you planning to have a gravity feed straight into the pigery or a mechanised flexi auger ?

what would the difference be mjb,the ones on the farm had a shoot on the botton for wheel barrows with a pipe out to the side into the building,it had electric motors on the end of each run of pipe,is that the mech system?,if so then that one,it has to feed 6 pens so gravity one wouldn't work would it?

I don`t really know much about pigs as there were 2 pigmen  on the farm i was on all i did was to empty the sh^t pits every fortnight, but they were using a wet feed system ;fill trough with water & then a couple of scoops from the barrow,  so 1 had a gravity feed into the shed and the other bin supplied 2 sheds with both gravity straight into a hopper for wet feeding & the flexi-auger into a hopper for timed diet feeding.