Graham's Work

graham

was working on a rotary parlour in the week it is about twenty four years old and it turns on water you float round the floor moves when it is working funny old sensation when going round i belive it is nz idea only about 13 of them in uk few pics

[

Ive herd alot about these but havent found a water run rotary around my area, i know where the 1st rotary in my area is ( next door neigbhours) 40 yrs old but its not water run, So with these do you stand in water while you milk?

Ive herd alot of storys of the bore pump dying and milking been stranded and things like that, having to wait for presure to build up to start milking, run out of presure half way thru milking..... Never had it explained how they work tho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures there Graham.

It is good to see how far prlours have come. I used to help after school on a dairy farm back in 1992 they had a alfa laval parlour it was 4:8 herringbone and everything was manual. I remember washing and dipping the teats and the glass collecting jars. It took over and hour to milk 50 cows. The farm was sold in 1995. They ripped the parlour out and put in a 10:10 herringbone and another cubicle shed and increased the cows to over 120. That was in Cornwall. 

well that told me will  ;)

go for it rich  ::)

Have been looking into it in some depth of late for a possible future diversification of the farm, with a Fastrac delvering and collecting them, bringing them home, washing them out, greasing them and then out again. This is opposed to like the other hirers in this area just having a fleet of spreaders all over, with the person who hires the machines' job to find one, pick it up, grease it, wash it out afterwards and in many cases even deliver it, just making it a more streamlined business, with ultimatly an improved survice for the farmer. This could then be further improved by offering the service of spreading the muck for the farmer, just with the addition of a telehandler to the fleet, appealing to the equestion market aswell. Just a thought mind you. :);) ;)

that parlour nick has a concrete circle cast into the ground then a membrane plastic i guess then another concret floor cast and then that space is filled with water, must be deep because there is a lot of weight above , it has its own tanks filled with water for driving it so never runs out ,they was clever builders who cast the concrete some job it must of been, cows come on it ok need a jet of water to get them off,

some parlours now rob are state of the art ,but still a lot around like you can remember ;)

• 2 weeks later...

yes pete just got the two deeres and the foreign one for scrapeing up , use contractors a lot ,hi yeilding herd of cows , one english worker three foreign workers  :o

all pics are different farms margerisons ,  thanks for looking ;)

Archived