Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall have to keep an eye on this one ;);D

Not fair Scott you've alot of experience at the scale model house building game  ;)

great garrett i can see it is going to be some residence this mate looking good look forward to seeing your progress garrett ;)

Thanks Graham, I hope it turns out like Frogs Hole's farm house  ;)

wao what a great start to the house/mansion :D

have you showing the real farm owners or workers your model farm yet? :-\ :)

Matty the farm is now all leased out, a cattle dealer has about 40 Angus cows that run wild on what's left of the estate. The rest of the estate is housing developments, a big by-pass cuts it in 2 taking about 200 acres with it and what's left is marginal and woodland.

The lads that worked there left in 1992 and one of them now runs a mill in Canada and the rest are either pensioned off, and have no real interest in it anymore. I've sent the lad in Canada a few pics of the model and he thinks it's great to see, but thinks I'm slightly mad to be taking it on.

My layout is based on 95% of whats was there, but the more modern end of the layout, like the dairy units is just fiction. I'm building my layout as if the yard was still in existance in the 00s. If I won the lotto it would be one project that I do get what's left of the estate back into production, if managed correctly you could easily run a 100-150 dairy herd on it.

You have made great start with the house :o

texas

Thanks Bas, you still planning your layout?

very nice garret looking well so far can,t wait to see it finished might use it as an excuse to call down and see it set in place on the layout

No problem Martin, bring a few trailers with you  ;D ;D you and family always welcome Martin.

that house lookes great

cant wait to see more

Thank you sir

yet again Garret, brilliant!

Thank you to Ryan  :)

garret garrett garrett  :( :( tut tut tut mate :(

why have you started t build this house for your farm it should be build for MY farm  :D :D 

i really wish i had the craftsmanship and raw talent you have for building a farm  ;) ;)

It was criminal what happened to these grand old estates through the second half of last century, and still happens now even.

The estate my father grew up on was carved up, hedges grubbed out, all the barns converted and the manor house was split into 4 houses in the 70's... tragic...  :'(

Fantastic that you're building this, pretty soon photos of Cullies on here will be all that many younguns will be able to see of how the country side used to be... thanks to you at least it's going to be an amazing representation of it.

Can't wait to see that house finished, I'd be happy to wager my own house on it being stunning.

Look forward to seeing photos as it progresses...  :)

Any updates Garret.. on one of my favorite topics  :) :) ;)

Still getting over Christmas  ;D I was hoping to move on a bit last weekend but work! got in the way.

At the time of writing this reply this is the 30,001st viewing!! It draws us in time and time again Garret. Keep it going :)

Thanks Tris I remember in 2005 when I started this topic, if I knew then how mentally unbalanced it would make me I would'nt of started  ;D ;D ;D

garret garrett garrett  :( :( tut tut tut mate :(

why have you started t build this house for your farm it should be build for MY farm  :D :D 

i really wish i had the craftsmanship and raw talent you have for building a farm  ;) ;)

House prices are falling this side of the border so you never know, maybe I'll want a quick sale  ;)

It was criminal what happened to these grand old estates through the second half of last century, and still happens now even.

The estate my father grew up on was carved up, hedges grubbed out, all the barns converted and the manor house was split into 4 houses in the 70's... tragic...  :'(

Fantastic that you're building this, pretty soon photos of Cullies on here will be all that many younguns will be able to see of how the country side used to be... thanks to you at least it's going to be an amazing representation of it.

Can't wait to see that house finished, I'd be happy to wager my own house on it being stunning.

Look forward to seeing photos as it progresses...  :)

That's progress Simon, I'm not putting too much work into this house so stunning may not be what it will be, much preffer the old sheds  ;)

At the time of writing this reply this is the 30,001st viewing!! It draws us in time and time again Garret. Keep it going :)

Thanks Tris I remember in 2005 when I started this topic, if I knew then how mentally unbalanced it would make me I would'nt of started  ;D ;D ;D

::) ::)  Yes you would have! or where would the origonal few way back then been able to bounce our ideas about from.

[glow=red,2,300]________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/glow]

It is wierd to look back to the first posts and see how much further on in abbilities we have all become and the results of hours and hours of graft we have put into our wierd little past time ;)

Here's to many more years of mental unbalance and some great new developments ;D

Regards SMurF

I can just see it now, posting from the nursing home, complaining about the prices of UH Models  ;D

That is true garret........Some will be there before others mate... infact aren't some there already?

Just hink what it will be like, text talk everywhere!!!

Shame the early pics have been deleted....

That is true garret........Some will be there before others mate... infact aren't some there already?

Just hink what it will be like, text talk everywhere!!!

Shame the early pics have been deleted....

I still have them somewhere on a disk, I ,must look for them. I started this layout in my old house and had plans to finnish it there but when I got approval for the mortage to build the new house that ended that plan.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived