Cullies Farm

smallclaas

Blooooooming heck G-Man they are wicked!! Is it wood and will it be sprayed to give a concrete look? I love them mate. 8)

Made them from MDF Tris, I'm going to try Paul Moynan's idea of mixing tile adhesive and PVA  to create the concrete look.

I can allready see it mate.. nice as usual  ;) ;)

Thanks Peter there from a Sweedish company by the way, made under lincense to MaCrete in Toomebridge in Antrim NI. The Sweedish company Abetong is the original manufacturer.

What can i say, great as usual :)

texas

Thanks Baz  :)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I don't like it      ;)

Your getting as bad as me for starting one project then going off on a tangent and doing something totally different

And to think not that long ago you told me that you were nearly finished

I think my reply was correct at that time :D

Honestly G it looks very smart :-*

I could go right off you Garrett....  ::) Do you need the skill of a surgeon, patience of a saint and the spare time of a teacher to achieve what you do or are there some secret tips you can give us? As usual these are going to be stunning. I've not seen  this sort of thing in reality but I know that once you finish yours I won't need to.... brilliant sir....  :)

No I don't like it       ;)

Your getting as bad as me for starting one project then going off on a tangent and doing something totally different

And to think not that long ago you told me that you were nearly finished

I think my reply was correct at that time :D

Honestly G it looks very smart :-*

2 words "AUTUMN 2009"  ;)

never seen concrete ones before mate, certainly look the part, i thought you had some silage pits already mind?

Here you go Sean www.macrete.com

I could go right off you Garrett....  ::) Do you need the skill of a surgeon, patience of a saint and the spare time of a teacher to achieve what you do or are there some secret tips you can give us? As usual these are going to be stunning. I've not seen  this sort of thing in reality but I know that once you finish yours I won't need to.... brilliant sir....  :)

Simon it's just taking a little time and have a close look at what you want to make and try your best. I never did any of this modelling before 2000, just started one day and well ain't stopped yet. The concrete tanks are not that easily found there is most likely only about 20 or so in the country. There is one about 40 miles from me on a dairy farm in Meath.

tidy stuff garrett reileys van will be blowing black smoke headn up to moira  :D

Ah this one does'nt take up too much space  ;)

very impressive mate and can't wait to see them finished , if only i had your skills and time  :o :'(

Thanks Davey

Looks good Garret  ;), iv'e never seen concrete one's before either  :o learn something new everyday  ;D keep up the good work  8)

Ah thought a concrete one would be easier to make.

looks great mate :) - cant wait to see them finished ;)

Thanks Rich  :)

very impressive mate great work as per usual ;)

Thanks BJL  :)

Here's a pic of a smaller tank made by Macrete

post-77-132639029129_thumb.gif

Made them from MDF Tris, I'm going to try Paul Moynan's idea of mixing tile adhesive and PVA  to create the concrete look.

Thanks Peter there from a Sweedish company by the way, made under lincense to MaCrete in Toomebridge in Antrim NI. The Sweedish company Abetong is the original manufacturer.

Thanks Baz  :)

Cheers Garret,

Yes i know the company but i didn't know that MaCrete had them under license to.

Here you can find all the tanks on Adobe files that Abetong makes as well mate  ;) ;)

http://www.heidelbergcement.com/se/sv/abetong/vara_produkter/anlaggning/tanksystem/index.htm

applied the PVA and tile adhesive to the silos it's alittle dark at the mo, but it should dry out to a lighter grey colour in aweek or so hopefully  :-\ if not grey spray paint is the answer  ;D

Just the pump gear and jetter to fit and the tension cables.

post-77-132639029155_thumb.jpg

post-77-13263902916_thumb.jpg

they look nice garrett a credit to you  ;) lot of angles to cut to ,are they for dairy unit garrett , never seen them for slurry there was a lot of reco concrete silage towers around but most have surcome to concrete rot around my way , anyway your model ones are the nuts  ;) ;)

There are a lot of sewage tanks like that Graham, both the storage tanks and the big filters with the rotating booms on the top which run dirty water through the concrete tank full of rock. I have not seen any on farm before up this way to be honest either.

they look nice garrett a credit to you  ;) lot of angles to cut to ,are they for dairy unit garrett , never seen them for slurry there was a lot of reco concrete silage towers around but most have surcome to concrete rot around my way , anyway your model ones are the nuts  ;) ;)

use to be a pair of completely roud concrete slurry stores at abingdon oxon beside a34 i believe the concrete reco silage tower still there although in a very dangerous state.the slurry stores had curved sections with reienforcing rods the same as the silage tower

You got it Gra, the mastik is ace while your waiting for the tanker to load. Once you get an end you can pull it all the way round. ..  :D :D :D

Garret sorry mate I didn't see the new photos as I was on my phone earlier and they didn't load, then when I cam back to it just now I returned to the last unread like.

Looking superb mate, this is the grout/pva mix right? Did you add any colour or anything to it?

Yes what can I say  :o Stunning  ;)  just keep it coming Garret

Thanks Peter will do  :)

At the risk of getting sued by MaCrete, I think macrete introduced them to NI about 10 years ago but they only sold about 20 or so, I passed one last week on a dairy farm near Navan in Co. Meath. I was planning on doing a standard simplex or Permastore slurry tank, but could never find a suitable donor pipe or barrell.

You got it Gra, the mastik is ace while your waiting for the tanker to load. Once you get an end you can pull it all the way round. ..  :D :D :D

Garret sorry mate I didn't see the new photos as I was on my phone earlier and they didn't load, then when I cam back to it just now I returned to the last unread like.

Looking superb mate, this is the grout/pva mix right? Did you add any colour or anything to it?

Yes Tris I tried the PVA and tile adhesive mix, I think it will lighten up as it dries, Paul Moynan was telling me to try a bit of white paint on the MDF then add the mix but I went ahead and tried it this way.

very very nice Garret, you have it spot on  ;)

Tanks Murray  :)

Working on the platform and jetter at the mo happy with the result I'll post a few pics tomorrow  ;)

Archived