smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright G man, Just spent half an hour catchin up on this topic  :D :D

I NEED Photos + sizes + amounts for you know what AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN

we've 18ft to play with   ;) ;)

But ssshhhh for now  ;) ;)

Does this mean that a family trip to the North(looking at this) for Easter might be well worthwhile???

Well got to do a bit this afternoon, the shed will consist of a silage barn and an attached cubicle house with 70 cubicles and a slatted passage. With a calving pen at the upper end and a calf creep in the lower end, also a sawdust bin at the upper end of the cubicles to store sawdust for bedding. The cubicle house next to the barn will have an automatic scrapper. That's about it, the first pic shows the overall layout int eh second is the slatted cubicle shed.

post-77-132638560394_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638560397_thumb.jpg

looking great as always garret is this set up for the heifers mate with self feed silage      dairy master scrapers in this corner of kent and sussex not come across many slatted units  ??? ???

The real shed was converted 10 years ago from a self feed to easi-feed as my friend was increasing his herd from 50 to 100.  he covered in the slurry lagon and built a slatted  unit over it. As for the slats in my part of the world there's not alot of wheat or barley grown so straw has to be hauled 60 miles to my part of the world. So all the livestock buildings with the exception of calf housing is slatted. Most of the farms here are dairy and with a great furniture making trade in my part of the world there's no shortage of wood chip for bedding.

is it still run as a dairy farm today garret, are the buildings going up the loft on your big layout mate ;)

Yes Graham, he's still milking, only 80 cows now though. He's only 37 so a few years left yet, even though his farm is on the edge of town, he could get about 20million euro for it! a 65acre farm sold last year for house building for 22mill! But as he say's himself what would he do with 20 mill he only knows farming :o I know what I could do with 20 mill ;)

sorry G i missed registration , & had to go back to page 67 to catch up again !

looking great as per usual ,whats going to be used for cladding these ? complete coverage or boarding like the others ?

Same clad, handy stuff.

Just booked the weekend in the North-Fri travel and show,Sat shopping in Derry and Sunday -Giants Causeway

Mon -Home

C U all there

F

See u  then f4e

Moving on a bit this week with this shed, was hoping to have it finished next weekend to bring it to a show in Athy but work calls this weekend :'( :'( Shed will be finished but no go to show. I've added in the cubicles and cow comfort mats, plus the dairymaster auto scrapper.

post-77-132638561589_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638561591_thumb.jpg

Went fo braced cubicles for this shed, easier to make and install than the standalone ones in my dairy Unit, which I will try and get finished this side of Christmas ;D I mucked this shed up a bit with two shades of grey paint and a bit of green fence paint to look like dung splattered concrete. Now just to get the feed barriers done.

post-77-132638561594_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638561596_thumb.jpg

Thats just great smallclass love the detail. Now I dont know about anyone else but I think you need to make a how to build farm sheds dvd Iam sure everybody on ftf would buy one. It should have a tour round your farm on as well. HOWS ABOUT IT SMALLCLASS :) :) ;).

Thats just great smallclass love the detail. Now I dont know about anyone else but I think you need to make a how to build farm sheds dvd Iam sure everybody on ftf would buy one. It should have a tour round your farm on as well. HOWS ABOUT IT SMALLCLASS :) :) ;).

Hmm not a bad idea, but would people want to look at me makin sheds? Not too sure about that one, most members on the forum I think are more into scratch building and converting tracs and machines. Us shed builders are in a small minority I could be wrong. But you've got me thinking Richie now ;)

Archived