Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about resin for the gangs mate, may work out cheaper

The only thing Sean is that the mold won't hold out long with the Resin or Alumlite, I think that if I get 20 gangs out of the mold I'm using at the moment I'm doing well. I'm using a rubber mold at the moment but maybe Latex might be a better option it stretches better.

The only thing Sean is that the mold won't hold out long with the Resin or Alumlite, I think that if I get 20 gangs out of the mold I'm using at the moment I'm doing well. I'm using a rubber mold at the moment but maybe Latex might be a better option it stretches better.

i would say with care a proper resin  mould material like i use would do more than 20 casts mate, gav would know  for sure or ricky , never used that aluminite i must say, but overall i would think it would work out cheaper

tidy garret ;) i made a gang slat a few weeks ago from mdf ;)

will these be for sale?

I made the original mold using an MDF master, but making slats from MDF is hard work and takes alot of time. The singles are handy to make in the plaster, I reckon I can bang out a few hundred of these in a week if I need them. As for sale not to sure yet  ;)

i would say with care a proper resin  mould material like i use would do more than 20 casts mate, gav would know  for sure or ricky , never used that aluminite i must say, but overall i would think it would work out cheaper

I'll probably quit the gangs when I have enough to make the shed, but keep running the singles out ;)

I'm going to make a mold Marcus, so that I can cast about 20 singles in one go and 5 gangs so maybe ::) ::)???

sweet  thinking of making my own slatted cubicle shed over the summer -> can you supply the slats mate??? ???

What an update!!!  :o :o :o

Loving the hills mate, will have to try and get my hands on some hills!!!

Shame about the gangs mate but they would look great in the hedge somewhere as if they have been replaced with new ones... get me??

What an update!!!  :o :o :o

Loving the hills mate, will have to try and get my hands on some hills!!!

Shame about the gangs mate but they would look great in the hedge somewhere as if they have been replaced with new ones... get me??

A wee bit off moss and a few weeds growing out of it, I can almost see it now Jez ;) maybe an old tyre and bit of a pallet..

:) excellent Garret, great update, good to see you back at it....I`ve not started one yet.....time space plus other rather important isues have held me back....not forgettin a lack of skill like some of you guys have......Great panel slats, great slats full stop, I`ve seen a few wooden ones like Rabh is saying about but the plaster especially  is just so realistic !

keep up the good work and can`t wait to see it all finished, thanks for postin!

:) excellent Garret, great update, good to see you back at it....I`ve not started one yet.....time space plus other rather important isues have held me back....not forgettin a lack of skill like some of you guys have......Great panel slats, great slats full stop, I`ve seen a few wooden ones like Rabh is saying about but the plaster especially  is just so realistic !

keep up the good work and can`t wait to see it all finished, thanks for postin!

Thanks for the comments ;) getting started, well there's never time if you just start you'll have to keep moving, as for skill just have a look around the real world and see what's in front of you then start scattering scenic material and build a few sheds, you'll be suprised the results you get  :) :)

i think the gang slats look great cast in that white stuff G, they look just like when they are new, all clean and white until you let the cattle in on them! I'd say the vast majority of slats laid these days are gang slats rather than the singles.

i think the gang slats look great cast in that white stuff G, they look just like when they are new, all clean and white until you let the cattle in on them! I'd say the vast majority of slats laid these days are gang slats rather than the singles.

Thanks James I'll sand them to make them a little rough and paint them a lite grey colour

Archived