MF 399

Guest Fendt pwr

Hi FP. I'll try to explain for you, as there are some of those at work around here in Angus. You load the round bales into them and they act as a bale wrapper and wrap the bales, but instead of being left with single bales all wrapped that have to be moved to storage, the machine leaves you with a long line of wrapped bales, all joined together by the polythene. I presume the machine has a conveyor belt to keep it moving.

Hope That Helps FP.

Fendt Power, I'm sure you could add a little to my explanation.  ;)

Cheers

NewHolland2

Guest Fendt pwr

No no NH2 thats how it works :),this farmer makes all his silage this way.He has 1200 dairy cows so it's fair to say that that wraper earns it's keep.

There`s one working somewhere in devon as i looked into it when i had the farm ,but the ground was all clay so i`d of made a right old mess in the winter? !

another system i looked into was a silage sausage called ag-bag which basicly does the same thing except with loose silage so instead of clamping or a heap in the field you`re left with a long sausage shaped ,air tight  silage system .

If you look at the wrapper you`ll see  that the bed after the last bale is a succession of rollers so  the wrapper unit is effectivly moved along by the weight of the bales, gravity in motion if you like ! ;)

Nice pic of the fergie, it not often you see the 2wd model.

No no NH2 thats how it works :),this farmer makes all his silage this way.He has 1200 dairy cows so it's fair to say that that wraper earns it's keep.

Goodie, I was right  ;).

I'll take a few beter pictures of it in the next day or so. ;)

That would be good to see Fendt Power as I haven't really got a close look at the ones operated around here, just seen them when driving by.

There`s one working somewhere in devon as i looked into it when i had the farm ,but the ground was all clay so i`d of made a right old mess in the winter? !

another system i looked into was a silage sausage called ag-bag which basicly does the same thing except with loose silage so instead of clamping or a heap in the field you`re left with a long sausage shaped ,air tight? silage system .

If you look at the wrapper you`ll see? that the bed after the last bale is a succession of rollers so? the wrapper unit is effectivly moved along by the weight of the bales, gravity in motion if you like ! ;)

Nice pic of the fergie, it not often you see the 2wd model.

The AG-Bag system looks intreguing. I have seen a few pictures, would it cost more or less than pit silage? I'm not sure how it works, I know you tip the trailer in to a hopper but im not sure how the grass is so tightly compacted, and pushed right to the back ??? Any information? I've seen them using a big classic Ford to power the hopper  ;)

re ag-bag, look here: www.ag-bag.com/

cost depends if you have an existing clamp, maybe you want extra silage for just one year or a few and the cost of building a clamp is too high for short use time. Round bales might be too slow and all that wrap to get rid of. Just some of the reasons.