Waycroft nurseries ( Now part of the Barkers group )

Hello all you may remember the name waycroft nurseries, well the owners knew it was coming to an end, not enough machinery with hardly any land what so ever compared with other farms in the area, ford farm and frogshole farm for example and most worryingly no cash!. Out of the blue however they signed a contract to be taken over by the Barkers group which they happily excepted, a definate business/ investment oppurtunity Barkers bought land for waycroft and now the farm is rapidly expanding under the Barkers label. Barkers will be running and storing some kit up on waycroft but waycroft is still pretty much an independant farm just under the brand name supplying goods for the farm shop. So here is the new land for waycroft, hopefully rebuilding will soon start but the funding is at the moment very tight so therefore expanding will be slow  :-\

( P.S I don't know if that would happen in real life, it's just something i thought up in art and thought it would be a pleasant story as im trying to keep this like a story going )  ;)

post-770-132638618716_thumb.jpg

post-770-13263861872_thumb.jpg

( Sorry for my apalling curtains )

As you can see we put a bit of kit out really having a look around the new land, roughly 2 acres to really focus on in my small space around the yard . At the moment waycroft is running about 50 acres, still expanding.

Our two random Deutz' that the dealer russelled up for us just moving some of our kit around, soon to be replaced by some Barkers machinery, mainly McCormicks and big salad planting/harvesting equipment.  :)

Any questions feel free to ask

post-770-132638618723_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638618732_thumb.jpg

i am sorry for your curtains nick

barkers some outfit they are fella you will need some packhouses and cold stores and water hydrents in the feilds and transit minibus s bringing all the workers in lovely stuff nick ;)

They certainly get your attention!

Looks like you've given yourself some room to make a nice display. Looking forward to seeing the process...

My whole room is a collection of horrible colours Rich, you get used to it after a while  :D :D

Thanks to your kind woirds, i had to do something so it almost tripled in size

This was the independant waycroft nurseries:  http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15083.0

And thanks Graham definetly, hoping to be a bit different and try some stuff out like that. Hoping you could help me out with that  ;) And all in walking distance for my inspiration  ;) Is my ?5 in the post for the mention of frogshole farm?  :D :D :D :D

What the farm really revolves around was refitted this evening, a bit of a clean up really. The old bosses of waycroft left it in a bit of a state and it got a bit out of hand so today it was refitted really. The farm is being re-thought and new plans are being drawn up for it  :)

Thanks Barry, it certainly does what a great day that was  :D :D Part from uncle Kelv and his buses  :D :D But amazing work by Graham i really do take my hate off to him  :)

Thanks Old ford ( forgot your name  :-[:-[ :-[:D :D ) yeah hoping to plan a few more really if Graham can put up with my faffinf again and then build the yard around it really  :)

Thanks for the kind words guys i look forward to start building it up  :)

Hi guys thanks for all the kind comments, just working on getting some crops in Nick at the moment im trying to get another board to slot in behind my shed to be the first field of the new regime really.

Thanks Matty, it's really early stages and i've got all things like tracks to do and attention to detail is my main aim in this really want to get it life like but a huge mountain to climb, the place is such a mess at the moment.

Thanks also Tim  :) :)

Finally did something productive today, whilst the building was being refitted and repaired inside the bales had to be moved, so today they were moved back in for easy feeding. The shed was just being filled up with essential stuff really.

Barkers sent down one of their biggest beasts, the ZTX with a vanto bale trailer. Being unloaded by our trusty eddie stobart forklift, hopefully being replaced however  :)

Started making a field tonight, based it on really thick card and then started to make some beds.. the idea is that i have marked out beds according to the width of the basic McCormick CX105 ( my irrigation tractor) and then im going to put card for the sides of the bed and then paint the whole thing brown, then after that feel the beds up with dirt  :) Any opinions on that? Will it work?

Looking good so far Nick.

Would in not be easier to just put the border around the field then fill the whole thing in with coffee or soil and then just make the furrows with one of your implements (like what TM810 and others have done) ???

Thanks Scott, it would indeed of been easier but i wanted the beds to be quite larger and i haven't really got anything capable of doing that. Will definetly be my second option if this looks rubbish, got 2 beds done so far sealed the ends and only 8 to go zzzzzzzzzzz