Harvest 2007 + Gap year

Pingu

Thought do a little update while had chance we have just completed all our OSR drilling around 850 acres worth so were just under a 1/3 through our drilling campaign wheats next with odd bit of oats.  Most workforce has left now well 2 polish bloke and one cultivation blokes with now bein me on rolls (last day tomo as deere goes back next week) im aparently being moved onto the magnum but i'll wait and see on that one :D :D

post-132-132638646901_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638646905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers gav i can get more pics tomo off it as using it on local dealers stand for the Cat but we all reckon drill will get more attention :D :D

How much power per meter do need for a shakerator Phill?

Erm well they said around 240hp would be enough for our 5m version depends how deep go we reckon at 12 inches to 16" need 200hp so 40hp/m but down anymore and can get around 60hp/m when start reaching deeper well on our soils

Well a little update i am finally off the JD which went bk at weekend while was at ploughing match which interestingly had Case quadtrac come second :D :D have pics if interested

Im now back on the fendt pressing been clearing between 40-65acres a day depending on field sizes and had these buggers me following me all the time thats only 1/5th maybe less then what was infront that pic

post-132-132638648853_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638648859_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well a little update here really been extremly busy now started on rest winter drilling all 1500 acres of it done 550 acres so far so not to bad i spent a while though with fendt and press working down ploughed land clearing around 50+ acres a day so not to bad a going i felt

Any of you living on the coast want these buggers back had tons the things in this 90acre field ruddy things :D :D

post-132-13263865237_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638652375_thumb.jpg

Then once got the drill back out again start this week I was put onto the carrier to create a tilth in front of the drill as grounds so hard and dry it cant cover seeds etc effectivly, best output i got in one day was 55 hectres i think around 130 acres in one day in 30-40 acre fields of ranging ground conditions but was burning a tank a day around 350 litres a shift :o :o

post-132-132638652389_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638652396_thumb.jpg

Then walked into work today and was sent off with the Case Magnum to go and work down some ploughed ground that had been left for a month to dry which according to agronomist would help break it down.... He dont know thing bout that ground its baked as hard as nails it started vibrating press to bits i lost 2 tines which will go and find soon and i sheared one wasnt most succesfull day due to ground being so rough output goes out window  :'( :'(

post-132-1326386524_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638652427_thumb.jpg

Just to show the tractor off in a better light what lovely machine it was best powershift i've ever driven even in front the old Massey  :-[:-[

Best you get yourself a ride in an 8000/8010 series Deere then my lad!!  ;):D

Nice pics of the Fendt mate. Whats the paint like on the MX close up? Our 270 is fadad to hell, as were many I saw in NZ.

You back at college yet or on a middle year?

What time of night are you usually out in the field till then Mate?  They used to work all hours ploughing etc where I used to live - it was slightly pointless standing watching a set of headlights going up and down though! :D

Either till i run out of diesel or get told to stop really im making most of the overtime as need the money

What and ruin my street cred comepletly nah im ok tris :D :D

Paint work still spot on tractor seems to be in great shape but then all its done till we got is power a baler so in very good shape

Im on middle year at the moment and loving it ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Well im still on the old magnum and press inbetween showers getting rest in, About 400 acres left with some of that needing ploughing due to maize boys having cut it when was very wet :( ah well just means will slow us a little bit not to bad suppose :D :D :D  In the last 2 days of it being dry enough done in and around 200 acres :P :P

post-132-132638656606_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well tought i would carry this on really but having been here 6 months full time i would reccomend a gap year to anyone who is offered one at college only problem dont enjoy and debate not going back which i am  :D :D

Well since last posted we got all winter drilling done and since then been mainly loading lorrys and cleaning bits a pieces, now thats over with just odds and sods were getting rest of the kit ready for spring work (200 acres due to local shoot not letting us ont his land till 1st feb :( ) Iv been last month and bit been helping with new building on dumper. As were building new 2000ton grain store with underfloor cooling and drying along with stirers, this is to get rid of ageing barn down the bottom which i am now emptying so floor can be ripped up and sold

post-132-132638690068_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638690071_thumb.jpg

And this is what i am currently using for shifting grain about and must say i am very much loving the magnum especially when it doesnt even know that it has 14 tons behind well most time unless a big hill shows up :D :D

But have asked boss recently on how long wants to keep magnum and he said doesnt know but i asked if be prepared to sell it onto to me in 18 months time or so with chance of joint ownership (as in i have to work a set amount of hours in summer for him with it) but its an option that has opened up :)

post-132-132638690073_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638690077_thumb.jpg

Yer i used to live in henley well jst outside it, now live the otherside of the river up in berkshire but not far away mate and i know were you mean mate i used to play for henley rugby team but dont get time anymore.

Not bad topper though well so im thinking at the moment till i find out its got something seriously wrong with it as blokes giving it winter overhaul

Erm it came from out oxford way came with low hours about 2300 and is an '03' reg if it rings any bells?