Back in Germany: Harvesting Season 2007!!!

Richard de Florennes

we grow redcurrants in the back garden ben, along with a lot of grapes to, lots of wine,but i dont somehow think she will appreciate me trying to make that fit in our garden,

yeah, but recently with our weather we need to change crops!!! :D :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as the main combine harbesting season is over now in our region (with the exception of some summer oat fields and maize, of course) and bad weather returning this weekend, I would like to look back to that lucky July 14th (the day I returned back to a hot Germany from a cool UK).

Here is are to pics of a small John Deere combine found harvesting wheat that day:

post-1013-132638629629_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638629638_thumb.jpg

I wish you wouldn't go posting pics like these and then going to bed before  we see them  :D :D Some more lovely photo's, a lot better harvest over there than we are having here by the looks of it.

Most of that has been burnt in with the drought so yields are low from what I read :(

Harvesting barley on this 26 hectar field of the with 1.000 hectars largest farm in our area, which owns of course, the largest combine anywhere in our region (the day before my visit German TV visited the farm for a report about the brandnew "largest combine in Germany").

They also operate for of these Fendt Vario tractors ...

More to follow tomorrow ...

post-1013-132638630496_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638630501_thumb.jpg

You should have saved the last five photo's for the competition because any one them would have got my vote. Especially the one with the amazing sky above, all of them are really really top CLAAS photo's.

Maybe you should email them to Claas?