A couple of questions about the britains big bales....

JC

so stupid question (i have no bale knowledge so have to ask), wheres the 3rd dimension ???, i assume the 1200x1200 is the width x height??, what about the length

just looking on google for the 'idiots guide to bale size referencing'! :D :D

so stupid question (i have no bale knowledge so have to ask), wheres the 3rd dimension ???, i assume the 1200x1200 is the width x height??, what about the length

just looking on google for the 'idiots guide to bale size referencing'! :D :D

The're round bales , you won't find the lenght until you cut the net and roll them out.

The're round bales , you won't find the lenght until you cut the net and roll them out.

the site i was looking at was the Big Baler, not a round baler, just said 1.2x1.0, so where would the length come into it :-\, is it the length of the chamber? ???

i see!!, thanks for clearing that up!, so you could kinda make 'cubes' then!! :D :D

FP what ya planning ???

What you would usually do about bale lenghth is double the width as per bricks so they stack together

But for silage bales you would normally do squared so they wrap easily

If its a big square baler, most manufacturers don't quote a length because the operator can set it to suit his own requirements.

i didnt know that i asumed the machine just chucked out a bale to the makers size that was it, wasnt aware the operator set the size lenght wise

i didnt know that i asumed the machine just chucked out a bale to the makers size that was it, wasnt aware the operator set the size lenght wise

Most of the big balers are now set from within the cab on the computer

On old style balers there was usually a slider and a bolt to adjust the lengh