Our David Browns & others 2

David Brown 1410 power!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the complements! I new the nuffield would jenerate intrest it is in fact an orignal industrial nuffield supplied new to a guinness brury (sorry if spellings wrong :-[)Its orignal colours are the grey that you can see on her!She is one of to 10/60s the exact same ive never seen another one like them id say they were a special order job! ;)

The 970s as far as i no are a very nice machine to drive and operate ive never drove one the dessert sunset one has a gearbox fault so i never drove it the scraped one we have came in bits and i never got the chance to have a spin out of my uncles one.

Yes the yello cab in the back ground is in fact our douglas taskmaster based on a 1210 you can see pics of it in previous posts.yes that is an early JCB MK2 forrestory conversion its only awaiting a clutch you should see the tinwork not a bit of rot any were!

I took a picture of our roadless major but it came out bad so sorry i havent got it at the moment you can see it beside the tan coloured case 970 agri king at the back of the shed. ;D

Is industrial if I remember rightly Nigel and if I am right is that a very early JCB based on a Major ;)

I think it's Whitlock rather than JCB, I picked up a custom model with backacter based on an early SCALedown Major like this @ Crawley Toy Fair a few years back and it's quite like this.

The Case 970 Agri-King had no diff lock!!!! ::):(

Belive me if you seen it up close you would of seen how roof it was hand painted the nose cone was rotting the engine block was badly cracked the brakes werent working and the cab had some beautifull patching done to the side panels.

But on the good hand its been currently overhauled by its new owner including a new block recondtion new nose cone new rear and front tyres and oversized front wheels and the list goes on...

The man how bought her has really become upsesd with david browns over the last 2 to 3 years his father had an 880 from new it was the only brown they had all the others were dextas fords ect..

Any way we were asked to recondtion an engine and other bits for the 880 which is now finished and he loves it so much that he bought a DB 780 995 1210 4WD 1212 and hes lookin out for a 1412 and a 1494 4wd to replace the 8210 he has because hes terafied it might go pourous.

That must be nerv racking haveing to wory about the engine going poures every day god help the owners out there how have several old fords.

• 3 weeks later...

There a fair weapon alright but they handle like a tank they they dont have syncromesh gears and a terible steering lock not to mention the huge space behind u in the cab they wouldent be very good for ploughing the best job they could do is pull a lo loader or something but the 6 cylinders have a very sweet running engine i love the sound of them this ones heading to poland/chezc republic im not sure?

There a fair weapon alright but they handle like a tank they they dont have syncromesh gears and a terible steering lock not to mention the huge space behind u in the cab they wouldent be very good for ploughing the best job they could do is pull a lo loader or something but the 6 cylinders have a very sweet running engine i love the sound of them this ones heading to poland/chezc republic im not sure?

Are ye selling her James ???