Our David Browns & others 2

David Brown 1410 power!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy you have a County Power Drives 11F... worth more than all your DBs put together !!  :);)

I Doubt that! with about 50 DB's and weve been offered sum big bucks for some like the Restored DB 1200 we were offered 13.000 sterlin for it! an offer of 20.000 euro was made on our DB 1694! a red 770 there which is worth about 3.000 euro a restored 4wd 1210 which is worth about 15.000++ euro's ect..

sure weve got a county skid steer to and there's only 18 of them left in the world and its also an industrial model with a bray blade! ;)

I hate to come across thick  ::) but what is so special about a

county power drives (never heard of them before) looks like

any other 2wd ford in the pic to me  :'( :-\

can you explain what was special compared to a normal 5000 2wd

cheers nigel

Mate of mine has a County 11F. Based on a 5000 but has a shuttle box, foot pedal opperated forward/reverse. Done for loader work.

James. What would my un-restored Douglas Tug, based on a late 990 be worth then? Believed to have spent most of its life on an aircraft carrier, yellow, no cab, remnants of 'high visability' lighting on it, normal type gearbox not the fluid torque type.

Nigel our county power drives 11F is based on the ford 5000 and has a brockhouse torque transmisson with all the normal gears!

there's no clutch pedal just a leaver for forward and reverse and when you select a gear and put it in either forward/reverse it will not move unless trotel is given the more you give the faster you go!

the same with when you reduce revs it will eventual just stop! The county power drives were built especialy for loader work as when we got our's it had never been fitted with a draw bar.

county power drives was a sepparet sector at county only for building county power drive machines.

There's only suppose to be 22 of these built on the ford 5000.

Power rabbit

I dont really know what your taskmaster is worth but if it was used on an aircraft carrier id say she's fairly rusty.

you would know better than me when it comes to sterlin! how about ?700 to ?1400  ??? as i siad you would know better than me!

It's not that rusty, the paint has sort of round patches of rust like where it has bubbled as if in contact with salt water and the rust patches are a bit pitted but overall, the condition is pretty good. Douglas stopped using David Brown skid units in 1974.  Exeter airport had a fleet of cabbed ones back in the 1970's, all yellow and shiny, 995 and 1210 based.  Freind of mine that works there and is in to tractors had the last one they had there, brought back to Exeter from Jersey as it was painted white with 'Jersey European' decaling on the cab doors. The airport got rid because some numpty tried to ******-pull an aircraft with it and smashed up the diff, all put right now.

I Doubt that! with about 50 DB's and weve been offered sum big bucks for some like the Restored DB 1200 we were offered 13.000 sterlin for it! an offer of 20.000 euro was made on our DB 1694! a red 770 there which is worth about 3.000 euro a restored 4wd 1210 which is worth about 15.000++ euro's ect..

sure weve got a county skid steer to and there's only 18 of them left in the world and its also an industrial model with a bray blade! ;)

Hello, we do a1/32 model (SCALEdown) of your County Fourdrive Ind skid steer with Bray blade...did you know about them? We based it on one in Hampshire, 24" wheels.