I'VE DRIVEN MY FIRST REAL TRACTOR!

Lady Ferguson

8) 8) 8) 8)

For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow. . ... and so say all of us!!

Groovey Mandy, glad your traqctor driving cherry has been popped and it was done in style too. I bet your smiling away still as you type. Great photo's. When you going for a spin on your own then with Simon making an mpeg?  :)

Hmmm.... I haven't stopped smiling all evening to be honest ;D  And no doubt it will continue on until tomorrow. Simon did offer to let me drive on my own actually (brave man!), but having never driven one before (and it being brand new and costing more that I earn in a year!), I thought it'd be safer with him beside me (telling me every 5 minutes to get my foot off the clutch because it was in automatic!) :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt have been much different to your yellow one would it mandy? other than size, not much in the filed to hit either, should have gone for it

No comparison Sean. My yellow tractor is really basic - no synchromesh for a start, everything is stiff and difficult, but it is great up steep hills and for mowing into tight corners. The Massey was amazing... just like a car really, comfy seat, plus air con and a stereo.... think I want to be a tractor driver if I grow up.... it was just fab :-*

No comparison Sean. My yellow tractor is really basic - no synchromesh for a start, everything is stiff and difficult, but it is great up steep hills and for mowing into tight corners. The Massey was amazing... just like a car really, comfy seat, plus air con and a stereo.... think I want to be a tractor driver if I grow up.... it was just fab :-*

never grow up, enjoy it while you can, and go back next weekend and get simon to put a nice big plough on the back fot you to try

Air con... radio... you have been spoilt mandy.... next for you is a go on Fanny  ;):D :D

Well now that i've stop shaking with fear of ending up in a ditch i think i should congratulate Mandy on a fine frist drive did make me laugh though when i said you don't need to use the clutch and i put the shuttle in reserve only to be told there was a car behind  :D :D :D :D

Well now that i've stop shaking with fear of ending up in a ditch i think i should congratulate Mandy on a fine frist drive did make me laugh though when i said you don't need to use the clutch and i put the shuttle in reserve only to be told there was a car behind  :D :D :D :D

Yes... might take a day or two to forgive u for that one... no warning... shoves it in reverse... and wondered why I went white... and so did the passengers in the car behind us ;D

glad you enjoyed urself mandy, i just had to leave a comment on your first tractor drive seeing as you were very kind to me when i had my first  :-* i know how you feel, waiting all this time, must have had a ball!! good luck with buying urself a massey so you can rip about the place anytime you want  ;):D

Thanks Matty darling :-*

I haven't driven a tractor since 1992, and probably wouldn't have a clue how to drive one of the new ones.

If you want to really have fun driving a tractor; then Simon ought to get the International out for you. I'm not sure what model that one is, but it looks like a 955 to me.. You would really enjoy driving one of those. A real boy racers machine. Loads of revs and a "Whistly" exhaust that you can hear coming from miles away. Nice long wheelbase so they handle well too. None of the latest refinements, but great fun to drive. ;):D

I haven't driven a tractor since 1992, and probably wouldn't have a clue how to drive one of the new ones.

If you want to really have fun driving a tractor; then Simon ought to get the International out for you. I'm not sure what model that one is, but it looks like a 955 to me.. You would really enjoy driving one of those. A real boy racers machine. Loads of revs and a "Whistly" exhaust that you can hear coming from miles away. Nice long wheelbase so they handle well too. None of the latest refinements, but great fun to drive. ;):D

Will work on that one then Will... but there may be a good reason he didn't put me in his own tractor :D

That sounds more like it ;D - or how about the Case in front of Simon's tractor ;)

Glad you enjoyed yourself Mandy ;)

Will work on that one then Will... but there may be a good reason he didn't put me in his own tractor :D

i don't think you would of liked mine as much and the throttles sticking the gears are a bit wheel you know.... "tricky" the steerings a week behind  :D :D :D i don't know some people are jsut never happy  ::) ::)::):D :D :D

And as for you William i think you deserve a numpty or a free taxi to spec savers qiute clearly says 955 on the bonnent of my cleaming tractor  ;D ;D ;D

i don't think you would of liked mine as much and the throttles sticking the gears are a bit wheel you know.... "tricky" the steerings a week behind  :D :D :D i don't know some people are jsut never happy  ::) ::)::):D :D :D

And as for you William i think you deserve a numpty or a free taxi to spec savers qiute clearly says 955 on the bonnent of my cleaming tractor  ;D ;D ;D

I was quite happy actually thank you Simon... been smiling all week and telling everyone I meet about it... funny though... everyone's avoiding me now :D