Massey 6490 at night

ihatepoundland

All this talk of night work and then this happens :D

Fields previously used for silage, last seen being sprayed by the John Deere. Ploughed a week ago, and now have been planted with something...is it most likely a cereal? I'm bored of grass :D???

Such a dark night as well, I wish that harvest moon was with us, it was so difficult to get it bright enough to see the tractor without the lights flaring up and hiding everything :'(

DSCF7198.jpg

DSCF7230.jpg

DSCF7485.jpg

DSCF7243.jpg

DSCF7404.jpg

They're cracking pictures Rob..... :)

Did you use a tripod to keep the camera steady mate?

I wish Mart :D we have a 160cm ish wooden picket style fence to try and keep out intruders :D, the problem is my tripod won't go high enough and because it would have to be set back a bit, it would always get the fence in the shot...so I have to use the tops of the fence posts, but if you place the camera flat, it points too high as the field slops away, so it's fine for the big field (like one in the maize photos) but you kind of need to use it like a monopod to pivot the camera down on for this field. Also in high winds the fence moves, so high degree of failure occurs, I wish i could use the tripod as it would allow me to pan smoothly.

I wish Mart :D we have a 160cm ish wooden picket style fence to try and keep out intruders :D, the problem is my tripod won't go high enough and because it would have to be set back a bit, it would always get the fence in the shot...so I have to use the tops of the fence posts, but if you place the camera flat, it points too high as the field slops away, so it's fine for the big field (like one in the maize photos) but you kind of need to use it like a monopod to pivot the camera down on for this field. Also in high winds the fence moves, so high degree of failure occurs, I wish i could use the tripod as it would allow me to pan smoothly.

Ah I got you now Rob.....

I'm going to try and use my tripod when the Viners are out at night soon and if I get as good results as you got there mate I'll be well chuffed..... ;)

I wish you well with that Mart, I've just looked at my photographs and realised that these were all stationary shots..I reckon head on shots for the most light, least bluring for moving machines - but then I guess viners will have a lot of lights anyway. I need to get a camera that doesn't go grainy at the higher isos, at the moment it's a pain.

I wish you well with that Mart, I've just looked at my photographs and realised that these were all stationary shots..I reckon head on shots for the most light, least bluring for moving machines - but then I guess viners will have a lot of lights anyway. I need to get a camera that doesn't go grainy at the higher isos, at the moment it's a pain.

Cheers Rob..... :)

The field they will be in is very open so plenty room for me to get in around them without being in the road.....

I'll definitely try the head on shots first then, should be impressive with the amount of lights on the front of those things if I get it right.....

Hopefully I'll manage to catch some stationary viners as well so here's hoping I'll come up with some good shots..... :)

Rob... those pics are superb... I have a LOT (lot lot lot lot lot lot) to learn it seems... hats off to you mate... as Jason said... Pic 2 is stunning... I'll be taking a sneaky pic at the exif data  ;D

i thought Tris said pic 2 was worthy! ;D ;D ::)

Jason, i'm with you, its prob a wheat type crop ;)

Nice pics Rob ;D ;D

Rob... those pics are superb... I have a LOT (lot lot lot lot lot lot) to learn it seems... hats off to you mate... as Jason said... Pic 2 is stunning... I'll be taking a sneaky pic at the exif data  ;D

If I was using your camera the data would be quite different ;)

I can't go much above iso200 depending on the light without the grain being too much for me, if it's a trade off between getting the shot and quality, I aim for quality but I have to face the fact that with the iso that low the shutter speed is too long and the aperture to big. You'd be fine going above 400, 800 would still produce the goods, so in theory you could have a shutter speed 4 times faster and therefore less camera shake etc. I'd better stop buying models and buy an SLR :D

If I was using your camera the data would be quite different ;)

I can't go much above iso200 depending on the light without the grain being too much for me, if it's a trade off between getting the shot and quality, I aim for quality but I have to face the fact that with the iso that low the shutter speed is too long and the aperture to big. You'd be fine going above 400, 800 would still produce the goods, so in theory you could have a shutter speed 4 times faster and therefore less camera shake etc. I'd better stop buying models and buy an SLR :D

I see Rob.... thanks... I'm learning as I go along here.. thanks for the tips once again mate  ;)